Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: AGR
Originally Posted by DCA writer
6,944 TQPs, so I will drop from S+ to S in March. And I'm okay with that:

• [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

As jackal has outlined before here, Amtrak is overlooking a lot of ways it could recognize and reward its frequent travelers--in particular a free-SDC option that today is unavailable with either points or money.
Please explain how will you retain access to Club Acela as only a Select member .
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dicksboat
Please explain how will you retain access to Club Acela as only a Select member .
I'd imagine they have the United Chase United Club card which gets them a free United Club membership (as the fee was waved), and with it, access to the Club Acela.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'd imagine they have the United Chase United Club card which gets them a free United Club membership (as the fee was waved), and with it, access to the Club Acela.
Correct! Sorry I didn't spell that out. Will update my earlier post...
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
2015 Status: Select Plus
2014 TQPs: 10,516

My first full year of frequent travel for work is complete, and the Acela proved to be one of the more reliable and comfortable ways to travel for me.

Route was 70% NYP to WAS, 5% NYP to PHL, and 25% NYP to BOS.

Love the United Club benefits (was able to get into two ORD UA Clubs with my select card and a temporary select plus print out) and upgrades. Earned a lot of points during double days, so I plan to use my AGR points for the 5 pack of upgrades once I run out of my Select/S+ upgrades. That makes for a very enjoyable business trip.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Starting balance 1/1/14: 86,427

Points for Amtrak travel: 1868
Other points earned (primarily credit card): 25,180

Redemption (1 Zone BR): -23,750

Ending balance 12/31/14 - 89,725

Status for 2015 - Dirt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.