Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Amtrak Promotions and Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Interestingly, I have a link with a 16K promo that I received via e-mail for the account of a family member I manage that now yields an 18K bonus when followed.

For anyone interested:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01
At the bottom, it states:
"Authorization
By submitting this application, I agree to the following:
[...]
■I have read and agree to all the pricing and other terms on the previous pages and screens."

Could you copy & paste or give us a link to a previous page?

Thank you
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olwagner
At the bottom, it states:
"Authorization
By submitting this application, I agree to the following:
[...]
■I have read and agree to all the pricing and other terms on the previous pages and screens."

Could you copy & paste or give us a link to a previous page?

Thank you
That's the first page that comes up from my e-mail. That page does link to the "pricing & terms" page at https://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/web...erms&card=CMSG and the "Privacy Policy" at https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...privacy_policy
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Save 20% on Travel in Illinois through April 30, 2010

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten.../1237405732514 (Booked thru link)

Valid for 20% off the regular (full) adult rail fare.
Valid for sale through April 27, 2010.
Valid for travel January 1 – April 30, 2010.
Blackout dates:
- January 3 - 4, 2010
- February 12 and 15, 2010
- April 2 and 4 - 5, 2010
Offer is valid for travel on the Carl Sandburg, Illini, Illinois Zephyr, Lincoln Service and Saluki only.
Reservations must be made at least three days prior to travel date.
Up to two children ages 2-15 may accompany each adult at half the regular (full) adult rail fare.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:53 am

California Zephyr

Hi. We are planning a visit from the uk in June 2010 and would like to try the California Zephyr in a roomette, does anyone have any discount codes or advice for booking? thanks
Old Feb 5, 2010, 7:23 am

Book early, that's the cheapest way to get a roomette. They go in bucket prices so once a coupel sell it kicks the price up a notch.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HA, WN, UA, B6, KX, Amtrak, HHonors Silver, SPG
Got my Chase AGR World Mastercard in the mail today and activated it over the phone. CSR tried to sell me on payment protection insurance like I expected, but I declined(some people may need the insurance, but for me it's just an unnecessary expense). Took less than 2 weeks to get the credit card(applied online Jan 29th and got the card on Feb 8th).
Credit card has much better card benefits than I thought it would on a no-annual fee card including long term car rental insurance up to 31 days, trip cancellation insurance (although limited to $1,500 max., it's free), lost luggage and baggage delay insurance(can't see losing carry-on bags on Amtrak, but I can't count the number of times I've had delayed luggage on airlines), mirror warrantee up to 1 additional year, etc. Signed up for online account access and payments. Chase also has an account information by mobile phone text message service I may try. So far thumbs up.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:55 pm

I'm looking to book the palmetto train from Newark, NJ to charleston, SC in march. I missed out on the discount someone posted earlier that was valid for sale until January. Is there anything else available right now that could help me save some money on the round trip fare? Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 6:15 am

autotrain ticketing question

Question for your experts.

Looking to take the auto train again this August.

If I book now with the aaa discount but do not have a hard ticket issued can I call and change the tickets to the kids ride free promo(or $19 each) if it comes out again this year?

Thanks!

Lisa
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by LisaNJ25
Question for your experts.

Looking to take the auto train again this August.

If I book now with the aaa discount but do not have a hard ticket issued can I call and change the tickets to the kids ride free promo(or $19 each) if it comes out again this year?

Thanks!

Lisa
Lisa,

I'm not sure if you can get Amtrak to modify your "AAA" reservation, but as long as you haven't printed the tickets you can cancel the AAA reservation and get your money back. Of course you should first book the Kids Ride Free reservtion, before cancelling the AAA reservation.

Two other thoughts, if you're booking sleepers, be careful about changing things, as the sleeper prices may have gone up to the point where saving the kids fare no longer pays off.

Also you cannot cancel Auto Train reservations via the online system, even when boooked via the online system. AT reservations can only be cancelled by speaking with an agent.

But again, as long as the tickets haven't been printed, you'll get 100% back.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by AlanB
Lisa,

I'm not sure if you can get Amtrak to modify your "AAA" reservation, but as long as you haven't printed the tickets you can cancel the AAA reservation and get your money back. Of course you should first book the Kids Ride Free reservtion, before cancelling the AAA reservation.

Two other thoughts, if you're booking sleepers, be careful about changing things, as the sleeper prices may have gone up to the point where saving the kids fare no longer pays off.

Also you cannot cancel Auto Train reservations via the online system, even when boooked via the online system. AT reservations can only be cancelled by speaking with an agent.

But again, as long as the tickets haven't been printed, you'll get 100% back.
Thanks Alan.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:34 pm

Unhappy help please seattle

Darn, I have looked for over an hour for any discounts in Western WA... none really and most outdated. I am travling from Seattle WA to Vancouver WA 2 adults and 1 child round trip march 13th to 16th... anyone got any codes or tips where to find some. thank you
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littleoneb
Darn, I have looked for over an hour for any discounts in Western WA... none really and most outdated. I am travling from Seattle WA to Vancouver WA 2 adults and 1 child round trip march 13th to 16th... anyone got any codes or tips where to find some. thank you
Sorry, no current offers for the Cascades AFAIK.

However, do book now. If you wait, you could find your fare increasing. If an offer comes along, you can cancel and rebook.

It looks like the cheapest base one-way Adult fare is $28. AAA, for example, will get you 10% off of that. The cheapest one-way child (ages 2-15) fare is $14 (requires the purchase of an adult ticket). Some of the trains are selling in a higher bucket--$35/$17.50.

You could purchase the 1,000 points required for a one-way Cascades (NOT valid for Coast Starlight) trip for $27.50. There is no child discount when redeeming points. The three of you would cost a total of 6K points for the roundtrip ($165 total). You are limited to 10K of point purchases per year per AGR account (one account per person, but tickets can be issued for others from that account).

Some trip cost scenarios:
(A) Points Purchase (6K): $165
(B) Cheapest fares w/ 10% discount (AAA): $126
(C) More expensive fares, no discount: $175
(D) More expensive fares for 1 adult, 1 child; AGR points purchase for 1 adult (2K points): $105 + $55 = $160
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
Anyone know if the Connecticut deal (or a Massachusetts deal) will happen in April? Looking to go from New London to Boston.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:28 am

Supporting members of the Red Hat Society* ($20 good for one year from the date of registration) qualify for a 20% discount on passanger fares. Members have to log in to see Promotion code.

Amtrak Coupons, Discounts & Promotions

*) The Red Hat Society is the largest international social organization for women, dedicated to making the world a better place for our members by actively promoting and supporting fun, friendship, freedom, fulfillment and fitness for each individual, as well as demonstrating the value and contributions of women to society at large.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
Supporting members of the Red Hat Society* ($20 good for one year from the date of registration) qualify for a 20% discount on passanger fares. Members have to log in to see Promotion code.
Full terms from http://www.redhatsociety.com/members...Discounts.html

Note that it is not valid for NEC travel

THIS OFFER IS VALID FOR 20PCT OFF THE REGULAR (FULL) ADULT RAIL FARE. THIS OFFER IS VALID FOR SALE BETWEEN 11FEB09- 13DEC09 AND VALID FOR TRAVEL BETWEEN 05MAR09- 16DEC09

THIS OFFER IS VALID FOR RED HAT SOCIETY MEMBERS ONLY AND IS EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE RED HAT SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP WEBSITE WHICH PROVIDES A LINK TO AMTRAK.COM FOR ALL SALES.

ADVANCE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED A MINIMUM OF THREE (3) DAYS PRIOR TO TRAVEL (INCLUDING UNRESERVED TRAINS). SEATING IS LIMITED, SEATS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON ALL TRAINS AT ALL TIMES. BLACKOUTS APPLY ON THE FOLLOWING DATES: 10APR09, 13APR09, 04SEP09, 07SEP09, 24-25NOV09, AND 28-30 NOV09. A VALID RED HAT SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP CARD IS REQUIRED FOR TICKET PURCHASE.

THIS OFFER IS VALID ON THE FOLLOWING TRAINS ONLY: PACIFIC SURFLINER, ANN RUTLEDGE, BLUE WATER, CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR, CAPITOLS, CASCADES, CITY OF NEW ORLEANS, ILLINOIS ZEPHYR, KANSAS CITY MULE, PERE MARQUETTE, SAN JOAQUINS, COAST STARLIGHT, EMPIRE BUILDER, HEARTLAND FLYER, HIAWATHA, TEXAS EAGLE, SUNSET LIMITED, ILLINI, SOUTHWEST CHIEF, ST. LOUIS MULE, WOLVERINE, LINCOLN SERVICE, SALUKI, CARL SANDBURG, MISSOURI SERVICE AND ASSOCIATED THRUWAYS, EXCEPT NOT VALID ON THE 7000- 8999 THRUWAY SERIES.

THIS OFFER IS VALID FOR COACH SEATS. UPGRADE TO BUSINESS CLASS IS AVAILABLE UPON PAYMENT OF FULL ACCOMMODATION CHARGES. THIS OFFER IS SUBJECT TO ANY RESTRICTIONS, BLACKOUTS, AND REFUND RULES THAT APPLY TO THE TYPE OF FARE PURCHASED AND UPON WHICH THE DISCOUNT IS BASED. FARES, ROUTES AND SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. THIS OFFER IS NOT COMBINABLE WITH ANY OTHER DISCOUNT OFFER.

AMTRAK, PACIFIC SURFLINER, ANN RUTLEDGE, BLUE WATER, CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR, CAPITOLS, CASCADES, CITY OF NEW ORLEANS, ILLINOIS ZEPHYR, KANSAS CITY MULE, PERE MARQUETTE, SAN JOAQUINS, COAST STARLIGHT, EMPIRE BUILDER, HEARTLAND FLYER, HIAWATHA, TEXAS EAGLE, SUNSET LIMITED, ILLINI, SOUTHWEST CHIEF, ST. LOUIS MULE, WOLVERINE, LINCOLN SERVICE, SALUKI, MISSOURI SERVICE AND CARL SANDBURG ARE REGISTERED SERVICE MARKS OF THE NATIONAL RAILROAD PASSENGER CORPORATION.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.