Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Centurion (2008 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by alveoli0
$500 annual travel credit for Canadian Cents.
Finally some changes!
Just curious how you found out about this? Also, how do we redemm? Thanks in advance.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AMX CENT
I got an email saying there were some changes. Called and found out.

I haven't redeemed yet but i believe you need to book via Amex Travel and there is a credit on your account. Can be used on anything travel related - flights, hotels, vacation packages, car rentals, etc
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by ACfly
The $500 holt Renfrew card was nice as well
Was $500 a promotional bonus? Or a listed annual benefit?

$500 travel + $500 Holt Renfrew for a $2500 AF isn't that bad.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Was $500 a promotional bonus? Or a listed annual benefit?

$500 travel + $500 Holt Renfrew for a $2500 AF isn't that bad.
Holt Renfrew was a one off. $500 travel appears to be ongoing for the foreseeable future.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:50 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Attended the Centurion Yorkdake shopping event and received each a $100 gift certificate to be used at Yorkdake = $200.

looking forward to see what will be had at the annual Bloor Blackout event next week.

what is the $500 Travel ?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
The details for the $500 travel credit are on your latest statement - It is booked online or through CTS. Call card services and they’ll explain it. When you log on to your account on line and go to the book travel page, you can actually see it there. It is an annual credit and the 2017 credit expires very soon even though it just became available. Use it or lose it im told. Bonne chance!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
There is also a new Wynn Las Vegas WOW offer that was recently emailed for a free night - no other purchase required - I’ve stayed at the Wynn Encore and it was very nice.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by jman4321
It is an annual credit and the 2017 credit expires very soon even though it just became available. Use it or lose it im told. Bonne chance!
I just called. The rep put me on hold and she said it is based on your card anniversary. And she said mine would expire at the end of February.

And I asked her whether the credit would apply when I make the booking or when I use the booked travel, she said it would be applied when I make the booking, even if it's subsequently canceled. She said this is YOUR benefit and it would be given to you even if you make a booking and subsequently cancel it.

I find that a little weird. But I guess time will tell.

I will never get any details in the statement because I opted for no statement.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:43 pm

Canadian Flyertalkers who have the Centurion card, either personal or business: how much did you spend in a year before you were invited?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:02 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by bxio
Canadian Flyertalkers who have the Centurion card, either personal or business: how much did you spend in a year before you were invited?
In early to mid 2015, charged just above 200,000 in rolling 12 months - a big chunk of it was on flights and hotels. Requested for invitation and got two calls from Centurion staff (apparently shared the same Service Desk as Platinum staff). They claim they periodically review accounts, I asked my account be noted if they need extra members. Didn't get an invite.

By 2016, I returned to my Churning mode again changing cards for welcome bonuses and thus rolling 12 months in 2016 onwards didn't meet the $200,000 threashold. So probably I didn't fit their desired target cardmember.

Possibly other members here have a better idea.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: AMX CENT
FPC No More

Looks like it has come to an end. 10th year anniversary and they have cancelled FPC Platinum starting in 2018.

only confusing thing is that it says if we qualify it will continue for next year. Since we "automatically" qualify does that mean we have it for one more year? or are they speaking about really qualifying......

May need to cancel the card, we definitely used this benefit the most!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Just got an email saying we'd receive a $500 statement credit for a $500 spend at YYZ duty free. Not too bad.

Got a similar offer with the Amex SPG card but a $50 credit for a $250 spend.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Just got an email saying we'd receive a $500 statement credit for a $500 spend at YYZ duty free. Not too bad.

Got a similar offer with the Amex SPG card but a $50 credit for a $250 spend.
I think you mean a $50 credit. See: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...15-2018-a.html
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I think you mean a $50 credit. See: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...15-2018-a.html
For the Centurion card, there is a $500 credit.

From Friday, December 15th, 2017 to Thursday, February 15th, 2018, you can earn a $500 (CAD) statement credit when you spend $500 (CAD) or more (after taxes)1 in a single transaction using your Centurion American Express Card at participating Toronto Duty Free stores at Toronto Pearson International Airport below2.

You must use your American Express Centurion Card when making a purchase to be eligible for this offer.
But for the lowly SPG AX card, there is only $50 credit.

From Friday, December 15th, 2017 to Thursday, February 15th, 2018, you can earn a $50 (CAD) statement credit when you spend $250 (CAD) or more (after taxes)1 in a single transaction using your eligible American Express Card** at participating Toronto Duty Free stores at Toronto Pearson International Airport below2.You must use your eligible American Express Card** when making a purchase to be eligible for this offer.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jarusoba
For the Centurion card, there is a $500 credit.
Thank you for the clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.