Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Centurion (2008 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
I just logged into Accor and have gone from Platinum down to Basic. Anyone else noticed a change?
Related change was reported in UK: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...elia-gold.html
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
I just logged into Accor and have gone from Platinum down to Basic. Anyone else noticed a change?
I noticed it too. Accor is now part of Fairmont, or vice versa, although I'm not sure how (or even if) Fairmont Platinum status works at the non-core brands. This change seems to have happened pretty quietly. It would have been nice if Amex would have sent something out explaining it, but it would seem they didn't, as usual.

http://www.frhi.com/accor-hotels-announcement/
FAIRMONT, RAFFLES AND SWISSHÔTEL are proud to join AccorHotels Group

Today marks an exciting new chapter for FRHI Hotels & Resorts as our luxury brands and unrivalled collection of iconic hotels join AccorHotels Group, one of the world’s largest global hotel companies.

This historic milestone offers an unparalleled growth opportunity for FRHI Hotels & Resorts, and instantly positions AccorHotels as a global hospitality leader and a key player in the luxury hotel market.

AccorHotels operates in more than 95 countries, and together with Fairmont and its sister brands Raffles and Swissôtel, will grow to more than 4,000 recognized luxury, midscale and economy hotels and resorts, including Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, and Novotel. We encourage you to visit www.accorhotels-group.com to learn more!

We remain as dedicated as ever to providing guests with warm and genuine service and access to meaningful travel experiences whenever they stay with us. Any upcoming reservations, including reward redemptions, remain unchanged. We are excited about this development and strongly believe this merger benefits our guests around the world.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of USA Platinum benefit which might also be offered in Canada has been extracted:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...centurion.html
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:39 am

So, general question for the Centurion Masses out there - what's the longest you have had to wait for Amex to respond to a request?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: Amex Cent, Aeroplan
So, has this thread died? Are there any other Canadian Centurion cardholders left? Does anyone else feel as though the benefits are dwindling faster than the Canucks playoff chances?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: AMX CENT
Originally Posted by trayvreller
So, has this thread died? Are there any other Canadian Centurion cardholders left? Does anyone else feel as though the benefits are dwindling faster than the Canucks playoff chances?
I'm still here ...... waiting.......for something....anything.....
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
I'm still a Canadian Centurion card holder... I wish they would revamp their offerings too!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
WOW this thread is eerily dead!!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: Amex Canada Centurion (and all the fixings)...and 20,000,000+ misc. points/miles to spend!
I'm around.. not much to say, I still like the free couple nights through the Fairmont platinum status and the delta gold medallion since I regularly fly delta. I also like that the fee is still 2,500 CAD and that includes a second free centurion card and a bunch of free platinum cards. Cuts to any of the above and I may consider getting rid of the card. Fwiw though, I still have friends who are newly joining... but none are especially price conscious.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:46 am

No More MyUS.com????

Originally Posted by alveoli0
I'm still here ...... waiting.......for something....anything.....
So, here's something, I get a package delivered to MyUS.com and lo and behold, before I can release it I have to pay the annual membership. Really Amex? I am getting fed up of benefits being taken away with no notice what so ever. Thanks for the customer service, Centurion.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:36 am

Bump.........
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Fairmont Plat
Has anyone received an invite in 2017 yet?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
New RBC Visa for Private Banking card

RBC is stepping up its game in the elite credit card market. Just received a replacement RBC Visa for Private Banking card and was pleasantly surprised by its new design. It has a sleeker look, it's heavier and has the feel of a metal card (although I am not convinced it's actually made of metal), the numbers are no longer raised, and it doesn't say Avion on the front anymore. ^
Attached Images  
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:45 am

$500 annual travel credit for Canadian Cents.

Apparently insurance coverage has improved as well....

Finally some changes!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:51 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
The $500 holt Renfrew card was nice as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.