Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation of Centurion Card - Refund Annual fee?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Personal Centurion, Amex Business Centurion(cancelled), Merril+, CitiGold, JP Morgan Palladium
Cancellation of Centurion Card - Refund Annual fee?

I cancelled my business Centurion and was wondering if they actually refund the annual fee prior to the end of the renewal date? I heard they actually prorate the annual fee and refund what is remaining in the terms. What are some other members getting back from Amex after cancellation? Thanks for all the inputs.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:27 am

Yes, Amex will refund your annual fee on a prorated basis. They are quite good about this. However with Cent, the $5,000 initiation fee (if you paid one) will not be refunded.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: amex gold, hhonors gold, spg gold :)
Originally Posted by Avalon28
Yes, Amex will refund your annual fee on a prorated basis. They are quite good about this. However with Cent, the $5,000 initiation fee (if you paid one) will not be refunded.
I seem to recall that the prorated refund is only for personal cent, and for business cent, there is no refund. Don't quote me on it but that seems to be what I remember from my conversation with the Cent. customer service desk a while ago.

-hchon
Old Feb 12, 2009, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by DMDortho
I cancelled my business Centurion and was wondering if they actually refund the annual fee prior to the end of the renewal date? I heard they actually prorate the annual fee and refund what is remaining in the terms. What are some other members getting back from Amex after cancellation? Thanks for all the inputs.
You canceled your card, yet failed to ask this question?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
I only have a personal Centurion, but I do know that when I cancelled my Business Plat that they told me you automatically get a pro-rata refund of your fee for personal cards, but you have to specifically ask for it with your business cards...

You should call and tell them you want a refund of your fee.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Personal Centurion, Amex Business Centurion(cancelled), Merril+, CitiGold, JP Morgan Palladium
Thanks to all that answered...I will call Amex and let you guys know what the result is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.