Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Card to AMEX Canada - What is required ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2008, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Transfer Card to AMEX Canada - What is required ?

Hi folks !

I will move to YVR soon and plan to transfer a U.S. AMEX account to the Canadian AMEX.

Is there anything special to do ?

What do they require for the transfer ?

Is it possible to use a cancelled account for the transfer as well ? In this case I would like to close the other account before years end.

Thanks,
S
Old Dec 25, 2008, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Hi folks !

I will move to YVR soon and plan to transfer a U.S. AMEX account to the Canadian AMEX.

Is there anything special to do ?

What do they require for the transfer ?

Is it possible to use a cancelled account for the transfer as well ? In this case I would like to close the other account before years end.

Thanks,
S

Go to this site:

http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...1,18220,00.asp

I believe to transfer an US Amex account, it must be an open account. Some time ago, I was told that to have an Canadian account you must cancel you US account, but they may have changed that.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SteveT
Go to this site:

http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...1,18220,00.asp

I believe to transfer an US Amex account, it must be an open account. Some time ago, I was told that to have an Canadian account you must cancel you US account, but they may have changed that.
Thanks I'm going to call them and ask a few detailed questions.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 8:08 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Please update us on what they respond to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.