Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by metoo
Also, is the 5000 pts bonus for one AMEX type card only or can I apply for PRG and Platinum for total of 10k points
Looks like the 5k bonus is per MR account as opposed to per card.

Here's the small print from the bottom of the webpage:

To be eligible to get bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of enrollment in these features. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards account is permitted, and bonus points will be credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 5,000 points per account. Bonus ID: 7908. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. To get bonus points related to this offer you must enroll by June 30, 2012.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I was under the impression this bonus was targeted, but maybe it's not.

About a year ago I got the bonus for both my PRG and Plat cards, but I don't think I was supposed to. Back then, Amex was handing out bonuses like they were candy.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

metoo's question merged into established thread on this recurring offer.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Talking

Originally Posted by patriots68
Dear patriots68,
It's nice to have flexibility when it comes to paying for large purchases — especially during the holiday season. As a select Card member, you're invited to enroll in the Extended Payment Option, a special feature of your Platinum Card® from American Express.
Reasons to Enroll:

• The flexibility to pay over time on eligible purchases of $100 or more.¹
• Each month, you can pay your balance in full, the minimum due, or any amount in between — it's up to you.
• Enroll with no fee.
• If you carry a balance, only pay interest on purchases that are eligible for payment over time.
When it comes to holiday shopping, use the Card that offers benefits, protections, and now the payment flexibility that American Express can provide. Enroll today and get 10,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points.²
To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® First program at the time of enrollment in this feature. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards First account is permitted, and bonus points will be credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 10,000 points per account. Bonus ID 6650. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards First program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-297-1300 for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. Offer expires December 31, 2011. If your enrollment in the Extended Payment Option feature is approved after this date, you will not be eligible for bonus points offer.
I enrolled with my personal Gold card and it worked just fine. I did this sometime in December and received a confirmation that the extended payments option would be available starting 1/19/12. Just a question. Do I actually have to use the card or carry a balance (which I don't right now). I'm under the impression that you don't actually have to make any extended payments, but the T&C are silent about actually making any purchases to begin with.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
no need to use the card or the extended payment option to get the 10K
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
no need to use the card or the extended payment option to get the 10K
Thanks. My offer was only for 5,000 though. This is the Gold Amex, not Platinum. Hopefully I get the points with no hassle.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:13 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
you should no problem
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
you should no problem
Just in case anyone is thinking about doing this: You may want to think twice, because some people have reported getting a hard pull from this. I personally did not do it, because I value a credit hit at way more than 5k MR...
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:54 pm

Does signing up for the 5k Amer MR bonus for enrolling in pay over time have inquiry?

Does signing up for the 5k Amer MR bonus for enrolling in pay over time on Bus Gold result in a inquiry?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis First
No it shouldn't. It's a service they offer for their cardholders, not a new request for credit.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:35 am

Is this a targeted offer?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:58 am

If you don't have it enabled and go to enable it under your account, it should offer you 5k MR to do so. I don't believe it's targeted. However, I'm really trying to find out from someone who has done so, if this will cost me a pull.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by johndoe123
If you don't have it enabled and go to enable it under your account, it should offer you 5k MR to do so. I don't believe it's targeted. However, I'm really trying to find out from someone who has done so, if this will cost me a pull.
I did it and there wasn't a pull. However, I didn't get any bonus points
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

johndoe123's question has been merged into an existing thread on this topic. Curiously, in post 46 a poster named johndoe123 seems to have answered the question asked by johndoe123 in post 148.

Last edited by mia; Feb 11, 2012 at 2:09 pm
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by mia
johndoe123's question has been merged into an existing thread on this topic. Curiously, in post 46 a poster named johndoe123 seems to have answered the question asked by johndoe123 in post 148.
Haha good detective work! Maybe he was hoping to lure someone in so that he can get a recent report?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.