Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My recent MR Hotel redemption.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

My recent MR Hotel redemption.

I recently had a stay at stay at the st. regis in san francisco. I booked 2 rooms though PTS, one suite (which was to be charged) and one deluxe room which was I used 140,000 MR points to pay for 2 nights. My PTS was great, He arranged everything for me, calling MR and booking the room for me using points and being able to reduce the number of points by a thousand points more or less , AS well as including the FHR ammenities which u normally would not get with a MR redeemed reservation.

Everything was perfect, until I arrived at the hotel and gave them my Business Platinum charge card and was embarassingly declined (I use around $30k a month on it and appears that anymore than that would be my limit). I know at that point I could have just called AE but instead I used my new Starwood Card.

I check my account today and it shows that a charge of $3500+ was billed on my Platinum card which was fine, and another charge for $1300+ on my Starwood card. My MR points were deducted the day I booked the reservation, but why am I being charged on my Starwood card if they were paid by MR ?

I realize that there are no MR on Starwood, but my question is why would the charge for the MR paid room show up on my bill ?
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

do you have the extension of the PTS agent you used?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
do you have the extension of the PTS agent you used?
yes I do, but to update on this, I called CS and took care of this situation.

It turns out they credited me on my AMX Blue card, which was never part of the transaction. After about 30 mins of back and forth between MR and CS, I decided to just get my points back and just pay for the room which, now that I think about it, 140,000 points for 2 nights stay in a regular room isn't really worth wasting the points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.