Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2006-2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2006-2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:44 pm
DH

Originally Posted by yuchung5
Thinking about AMEX Plat card because of FHR.
Does there anyone have the experience about Diners Club Worldwide hotel privileges?
http://hotels.dinersclubus.com/
It looks similiar to me for both program.
Thanks
yuchung5
It's only available to Carte Blanche Card members.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DH
It's only available to Carte Blanche Card members.
that is not accurate. that website is a somewhat outdated virtuoso benefits directory. virtuoso is kind of like FHR, except available to everyone for free. see luxury hotels forum for more information.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:14 pm
DH

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
that is not accurate. that website is a somewhat outdated virtuoso benefits directory. virtuoso is kind of like FHR, except available to everyone for free. see luxury hotels forum for more information.
According to this chart, only Carte Blanche Card members get "Worldwide hotel privileges"
http://www.dinersclubus.com/dce_cont...mparisonmatrix
Old Jan 27, 2008, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

youre surprised that a company lied in their advertising?

to be clear, i know diners club makes that claim, but it doesnt really matter, because i clarified that it is in fact virtuoso and has absolutely nothing to do with diners club.

again see the stickies in this forum and luxury hotels forum, as well as discussion in both forums. (much more in luxury hotels)
Old Jan 28, 2008, 4:54 am

Chewton Glen, New Milton, UK

Upgraded from Bronze to Silver Room. FHR rate for Bronze Room was about 60 less than standard rate quoted by hotel, more than 120 less than rate for Silver Room quoted by hotel.

We were briefly informed of benefits upon arrival. The extra benefit at Chewton Glen is a free lunch. They took the cheapest lunch off our bill, which was worth 20. That has to be the least impressive amenity I've ever encountered at an FHR hotel. Also, when we told them we expected to check out at 3:30 p.m., we subsequently received a letter that informed us we must leave by 3:30, even though FHR allows 4 p.m.

This is a beautiful hotel, although service is definitely at 4* or sub-4* levels and probably not good enough to justify the hefty rates.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:15 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Bellagio (Jan 22-24)

Upgrade to Lake view (booked cheapest room (234$+20$ tax)with PTS)
1x 100/85$ spa/lunch voucher
4x 20$ breakfast voucher with was valid all day long (used it for a snack at Palio, a few beers in the Cafe etc)
Old Feb 2, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Claridges

...someone said that the FHR amenity here is a free dinner at Gordon Ramsay's. I called Cent and they said its was at the lobby restaurant only.

Perhaps a change in the amenities?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

well thats unfortunate. i wonder about these..
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
lunch @ Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris
dinner @ Hotel Lutetia Paris
dinner @ Fouquet's Barriere Paris
dinner @ Le Richemond Geneva
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:12 pm

Programs: MP 1K to 2P - painful
I'm thinking of upgrading to Amex Platinum but Amex won't give me any idea of the FHR rates for the properties I'm interested in ... frankly reading this thread on FT has been way more helpful than calling AMEX, which was a complete waste of time.

If anyone happens to have booked these properties recently I'd greatly appreciate an idea of the FHR price. I have looked at the rates that have been reported on this thread but I'm not sure if they're still accurate or if they apply to these low season rates.

These are the dates I'm looking at -

Amarvilas, Agra 23-25 April
Udaivilas, Udaipur or Lake Palace 30th April - 2nd May
The Imperial, Delhi 2-4th May

Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there are websites to check FHR rates in the sticky. there was a recent update at the very end of the thread.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: MP 1K to 2P - painful
Thanks so much, when they told me they wouldn't let me know I didn't realize there was a "work around". I should have know the stickie would come through!

Thanks again, I'll check it out.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 2:08 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
St. Regis Shanghai, China

Base level deluxe room booked for 1290 yuan (approx $175) upgraded to a one bedroom suite (I think 3 category upgrade). Lunch for 2 valued at 440 yuan total and free buffet breakfast for two which was excellent.

They also gave us 2 30 minute massages which is usually only included with the suite.

Executive lounge for all guests with free cocktails between 5-8pm.

24 hr "butler" delivers coffee/tea to your room at any time for free (glorified room service).

Awesome experience overall.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 3:36 pm

Programs: amex plat, amex starwoods
anyone stay at the W New Orleans? or can comment on the FHR amenities
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M
Just booked at the Venetian in vegas. The are offering the typical 2 day passes for the spa. Two questions: What does the spa pass cost for normal folk? What can I do with my extra pass (I'll be alone), would they keep it for a credit possibly?
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:59 am
cwc

Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe: 2/21-23
Booked Spa Terrance View $259 (web non-refunable 270$)
Check-in @ 7pm, free upgrade to Regency club 11 & 12th floor.
One breakfast coupon for two person each morning in the Sierra Cafe either buffet or one entree each.
One coupon for two lunch up to $85 in (Sierra Cafe).

Hotel is really nice and convenient to ski area. Across the street are a few good restaurants.

The Regency club was a little diappointing, small and very crowed. Afternoon hors d'oeuvres are one hot appetizer, two salads (bean & pasta) chips & salsa. It does have a lot of liquor out. We don't drink and asked for bottle water but none was available. The continental breakfast will get you started in the morning, and the push bottom hot drink machine which was very very good.

They charge 18$ resort free per room per night and suppose to come with bottle of water each day. None were seen in the room.

But at the end very happy with our stay, will return next season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.