Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with double pts promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 5:31 am
BLV
Original Poster

Problem with double pts promotion

Enrolled into the double points promo with Cent last October online. Inquired mid-March about not seeing the double points and received a letter last week that according to their records I was never enrolled. They're investigating it again, but did anyone have a similar situation? I'd hate to let go of few hundred thousand points, but at this point it's just my word against theirs.
Old May 14, 2007, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Every time I was able to enroll in one of the double points promos, I received an email confirmation almost immediately. They never gave precise details on the promo, but they did confirm that I was enrolled in something and were dated. Did you get one of these when you enrolled?
Old May 14, 2007, 8:15 am
BLV
Original Poster

Originally Posted by troyb
Every time I was able to enroll in one of the double points promos, I received an email confirmation almost immediately. They never gave precise details on the promo, but they did confirm that I was enrolled in something and were dated. Did you get one of these when you enrolled?
I don't remember and I always delete everything Amex-related that comes in via email :-(.
Old May 16, 2007, 4:10 am

Programs: Too Many.....
Originally Posted by BLV
I don't remember and I always delete everything Amex-related that comes in via email :-(.
U might want to at least glance over things.. U never know. Just IMHO
Old May 18, 2007, 11:38 am

Programs: SPG Gold, DL SM, CO
Does anyone know on the Oct. promo if the double points were calculated via Calendar date (i.e. 10/1 to 10/31) or via statement date? (i.e. 10/10 to 11/10)?

I got shorted like 25K pts as they seemed to think it was by statement date, but couldnt tell me for sure, still have to call and battle with them....
Old May 23, 2007, 6:50 pm
BLV
Original Poster

Update

After almost 2 months of "investigating", and essentially giving up hope, I was finally able to get an Amex rep on the phone who immediately figured out what the problem was (why weren't the other ones able to do so?).

Somehow Amex enrolled me under Green/Gold and not Centurion (considering that I've never even had Green and/or Gold). They admitted the mistake and after good 30 minutes of calculating all of the charges, the amount owed is already a part of my available balance.
Old May 24, 2007, 8:26 pm

FYI - My holiday bonus points never posted. I called to complain in early April and they posted within a day or two. And they gave me 7K points for the trouble. More points than I got for the bonus! And, as you can see, I'm not a big spender.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:02 am

Same thing happened to me

I called Amex last week asking about my Holiday Double Points Promo miles never showed up. They said I never registered but a remember doing it. I knew That I was spending 18k on my card for the holidays. Still awaiting Amex's response. They said they will look into it.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:23 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by skeee1
remember doing it
More important, did you save the confirmation email that you received when you registered?
Old Jun 5, 2007, 11:21 am
BLV
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skeee1
I called Amex last week asking about my Holiday Double Points Promo miles never showed up. They said I never registered but a remember doing it. I knew That I was spending 18k on my card for the holidays. Still awaiting Amex's response. They said they will look into it.
I didn't have any proof that I registered online. It took many calls and getting a rep who was able to see that I was enrolled under a different card. So, try calling and speaking with different reps. Maybe one of them will be able to see why your points haven't gone through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.