Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of Fidelity AmEx Platinum (& Gold)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Global entry credit

just do a HUCA. I had the same conversation with them at the end of last year on the $200 airline credit. One agent said that they didn’t see that as a benefit on the fidelity card and this I would not get reimbursed. - even said maybe it was a mistake that I had been reimbursed in the past? I called back and spoke to somebody else. No issues at all on the second call. And be sure to get this all done before the card goes bye bye.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by freakflyer
just do a HUCA. I had the same conversation with them at the end of last year on the $200 airline credit. One agent said that they didn’t see that as a benefit on the fidelity card and this I would not get reimbursed. - even said maybe it was a mistake that I had been reimbursed in the past? I called back and spoke to somebody else. No issues at all on the second call. And be sure to get this all done before the card goes bye bye.
It's been about three years, but I did get reimbursed for Global Entry with this card. As mentioned above, also make sure to get the airline credit for this year as well, as its another benefit. I think the reps have no info on this card so they're just guessing on the benefits.

Now I'm just waiting for the Platinum 100k offer to show up
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
I did a global entry credit last week with the fidelity Amex. Worked fine.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:06 pm

Have Fidelity AmEx Platinum, can I get sign-up bonus w regular Platinum or co-brand?

I already have the AmEx Fidelity Platinum, but that card will shut-down in April 2018. I'm not sure if Fidelity or AmEx decided not to renew their relationship, out of curiosity anybody know?

More importantly to me can I apply to get an another AmEx Platinum card and get the sign-up bonus? I had the regular non co-branded Platinum, but it was a long time ago. I wonder if AmEx would not allow me the bonus because I read about AmEx's policy of only one bonus per lifetime. If yes, does AmEx consider co-branded (e.g. Morgan Stanley Platinum, Mercedes-Benz Platinum) AmEx Platinum cards unique for determining whether one can get the sign-up bonus?

Last question, to meet the min spend and in order to get the sign-up bonus, can I spend it on gift cards, for example, Apple gift cards to myself?

Thanks in advance with my questions!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Magna
I already have the AmEx Fidelity Platinum, but that card will shut-down in April 2018. I'm not sure if Fidelity or AmEx decided not to renew their relationship, out of curiosity anybody know?

More importantly to me can I apply to get an another AmEx Platinum card and get the sign-up bonus? I had the regular non co-branded Platinum, but it was a long time ago. I wonder if AmEx would not allow me the bonus because I read about AmEx's policy of only one bonus per lifetime. If yes, does AmEx consider co-branded (e.g. Morgan Stanley Platinum, Mercedes-Benz Platinum) AmEx Platinum cards unique for determining whether one can get the sign-up bonus?

Last question, to meet the min spend and in order to get the sign-up bonus, can I spend it on gift cards, for example, Apple gift cards to myself?

Thanks in advance with my questions!
I'm in the same boat. My Fidelity Amex Platinum card will discontinue in April (I did enjoy the subsided annual fee!). Am interested in moving to the regular Amex Platinum but only with a decent sign-up bonus. Have you found anything?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by cinnamon121
I'm in the same boat. My Fidelity Amex Platinum card will discontinue in April (I did enjoy the subsided annual fee!). Am interested in moving to the regular Amex Platinum but only with a decent sign-up bonus. Have you found anything?
i decided to sign up with the Ameriprise version. No fee for a year plus free authorized users, with full platinum benefits. Allows me to transfer my membership rewards points, and also apparently doesn’t preclude me from getting a sign-up bonus in the future.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by free888

i decided to sign up with the Ameriprise version. No fee for a year plus free authorized users, with full platinum benefits. Allows me to transfer my membership rewards points, and also apparently doesn’t preclude me from getting a sign-up bonus in the future.
I was told they just have the standard 60K MR points sign-up bonus for the normal Platinum card now. I think I might wait and see if I get targeted for a higher point sign-up bonus (100K) for a while and in the meantime, get the Gold Premier Rewards card to transfer my MR points. They waive the fee the first year and give 25K MR points after spending $2000.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cinnamon121
...get the Gold Premier Rewards card to transfer my MR points. .....
There is nothing to transfer. If you apply for another card which earns Membership Rewards it should be automatically linked to the same rewards account, and the points earned by the Fidelity card will be preserved.

Look for a 50,000 point offer before you apply for Premier Rewards Gold.
cinnamon121 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:36 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mia
There is nothing to transfer. If you apply for another card which earns Membership Rewards it should be automatically linked to the same rewards account, and the points earned by the Fidelity card will be preserved.

Look for a 50,000 point offer before you apply for Premier Rewards Gold.
Mia, thank you so much for telling me to look for a 50,000 point offer. I found an offer for the Premier Rewards Gold card for 50,000 points instead of 25,000 points. Done! With the waived first year fee, it was perfect!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:13 pm

Based on them discontinuing the program 9-Apr, did anyone call/discuss a pro-rated refund for the annual fees ($320, $175 additional cardholder)?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:00 pm

Has anyone received any outreach from Amex about the end of this card? Besides "it's ending on 4/9/2018."
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by parkums
Based on them discontinuing the program 9-Apr, did anyone call/discuss a pro-rated refund for the annual fees ($320, $175 additional cardholder)?
you will get a pro-rata refund on the annual fee.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by anaugle
Has anyone received any outreach from Amex about the end of this card? Besides "it's ending on 4/9/2018."
i just got another letter from them (with the same info) as well as an automated message when calling them in another matter reminding me that the card is going poof along with a link to the faq.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:03 pm

Fidelity card now canceled. Enjoyed the run and sorry to see it go. Waiting for the prorata refund but no rush.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
I've had the Fidelity Platinum Card for years and last month applied for, and received, a standard Platinum Card (and received 60K MR).

Now this morning I receive the following 2 e-mails:

"As requested, we've confirmed the cancellation of your enrollment in Hilton HonorsTM Gold Status.Your program enrollment number is no longer active. You will be receiving confirmation from Hilton shortly."

"
As you requested, we've cancelled your enrollment in Starwood Preferred Guest® Gold status. Your program enrollment number is no longer active. You will be receiving confirmation from Starwood shortly."

This actually makes it sound as if they are cancelling my ENTIRE Hilton and Starwood enrollments! Calling immediately to straighten this out but you would think there would be an easier way with what I'm sure are vast numbers of members simply migrating to a different version of the Platinum Card.

Last edited by msg75; Apr 11, 2018 at 5:33 am Reason: Formatting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.