Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is it true that you have to have an annual income of $60,000 to obtain an AmEx plat??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it true that you have to have an annual income of $60,000 to obtain an AmEx plat??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2006, 9:17 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
The German website states 60k€.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:35 am

I obtained one 15 years ago when I was an undergraduate in college. The requirements at the time were:

1. Cardmember for at least two years (any AmEx charge card product).
2. Charge at least $10K to the card in the prior 12 months.

Needless to say, as an undergraduate my income was nowhere near $60K
Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:49 pm

Programs: V-Flyer Black
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
pimp, the only reason to get a capone is if they offer permanent 5% apr and you need that.
NO. They also do not mark up the currency exchange rate to the high degree that AmEx does.
their rewards are worthless.
Agreed
Old Oct 26, 2006, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the saying -- if you have to ask, then you can't afford it?
Old Oct 26, 2006, 2:19 pm

If you go to the card questionnaire and tell it you want travel benefits, you don't have an Amex card, you are 18-24 years old and your income is $10,000-$49,000, it pops up with the Platinum and Gold Rewards Plus, so I have to think the minimum income is $10,000. Tres exclusive.

Honestly, most of the Visa Signature and World MC cards are going to be harder to get from an income/credit rating perspective. Amex charge cards are relatively easy to obtain, as long as you haven't defaulted on an Amex card previously.

Citi platinum Amex required $50,000. Maybe that should be the REAL Platinum card.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:40 pm

Programs: United 1P, AA Plat, US Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Ed Rooney
If you go to the card questionnaire and tell it you want travel benefits, you don't have an Amex card, you are 18-24 years old and your income is $10,000-$49,000, it pops up with the Platinum and Gold Rewards Plus, so I have to think the minimum income is $10,000. Tres exclusive.

Honestly, most of the Visa Signature and World MC cards are going to be harder to get from an income/credit rating perspective. Amex charge cards are relatively easy to obtain, as long as you haven't defaulted on an Amex card previously.

Citi platinum Amex required $50,000. Maybe that should be the REAL Platinum card.
Amex generally requires higher credit ratings. Citi is quite strict on most cards, but many Signature/WMC cards are not all that hard to obtain.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by cadillac6
so what would you say the minimum is for the US plat?
In the US it used to be $100,000 if you were not a current Amex card member at the time you apply. The annual income requirements are eliminated for current cardmembers. Now I think they eliminated income requirements for new card members, but I am not sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.