Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centruion Card for bidding on eBay!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2006, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by krug
The card does have some intrinsic rarity value, and if titanium (which sounds pretty cool, BTW!) there is also the actual value of the metal.
Titanium is around 6 cents per gram.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
It does say use of the card is subject to the card agreement, whcih may or may not prohibit sale of the actual plastic/titanium.

It also says non transfereable, whcih I think would cover this transaction.

The card does have some intrinsic rarity value, and if titanium (which sounds pretty cool, BTW!) there is also the actual value of the metal.

What is being attempted here is I am pretty sure illegal per AMex T&Cs, and per eBay T&Cs being misrepresented as a sale of the benefits attached to an active card in the member's own name; the bidding reflects such value however none of these benefits will be received by the purchaser.

I would urge you to report this item.
The card is non-transferrable meaning that it is not good for charging purposes for anyone other than the person embossed on the card.

Nothing that any T&C states can make it illegal to do anything as T&C's are not laws and only breaking laws is illegal. It is also not a violation to dispose of a card in any manner, so there goes that violation.

Also there are many people who trade old credit cards for collecting purposes. They are a member of the same group I am and have a convention once a year to trade cards.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

It's back.... Or is it another bloke trying to sell his??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280045491438
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:32 pm

i doubt it will last
Old Nov 8, 2006, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
I have one of these cards on my old account number. I wish I had ordered a bunch of replacements. I would have been happy with less money for the card. I could have probably paid my annual fee by selling the cards. Now for the auction. It appears scammy to me. Note the disclosure of unsavory charactors and the same note appears on the previous auction. Note he is doing it as a private auction and finally note that the bidders have no history to amount to anything except one poor chap who expired. Looks like bid padding. JM2CW
Old Nov 8, 2006, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
I don't know about other jurisdictions, but I'm pretty sure that in the UK the Card technically remains the property of American Express. Selling it would actually be conversion (a civil tort) and probably theft.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:33 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster and GameStop, several libraries
Originally Posted by Ben
Here´s the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/CENTURION-CARD-A...QQcmdZViewItem

Its unbelievable!
Who cares?
Unbelievable that anyone bids on it.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
It's back.... Or is it another bloke trying to sell his??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280045491438
Out of curiosity as to how far he would take it, I emailed the bidder asking whether the benefits mentioned in his sale ad would be available to someone buying his card. His answer was that it depended, but that he thought so. That is very misleading information to be giving out.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by azmmza
i doubt it will last

This listing (280034345903) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eutow
Out of curiosity as to how far he would take it, I emailed the bidder asking whether the benefits mentioned in his sale ad would be available to someone buying his card. His answer was that it depended, but that he thought so. That is very misleading information to be giving out.
I doubt he understood the question.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by drbond
I doubt he understood the question.
Why do you doubt that?
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:18 am

This listing (280034345903) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Someone probably reported it again !

Ebay rules are that credit cards must have expired for 10 years before listing.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by beergut
Someone probably reported it again !

Ebay rules are that credit cards must have expired for 10 years before listing.
The 2nd listing (if it was the same seller) ended with "But It Now", so he seems to have got away with it.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by eutow
The 2nd listing (if it was the same seller) ended with "But It Now", so he seems to have got away with it.

The guy who "bought " it for 444 GBP has five non paying feedback against him
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Andrius
One is born every minute, no? )
I've thought about this, and if the average life span is 75 years, then there are only 39,420,000 suckers alive today. That is only .657% of the population. I'd say that there one hundred born every second.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.