Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Absolutely RUBBISH UK Centurion web site!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2006, 2:07 am
Duc
Original Poster

Programs: lots of plastic cards from white ones to a couple of black ones...
Thumbs up Absolutely RUBBISH UK Centurion web site!

Here is a selection of the “exclusive” offers I found today on the UK Centurion web site:

In YOUR TABLE AWAITS

UMU / JAPANESE
London W1
Centurion members and their guests can enjoy a complimentary glass of sake. Valid until 31 December 2005. ^

Laura Parker Bowles & Charlie Philips host a special evening at Eleven Gallery
Valid Date 5 September 2006 ^ ^ ^ :
Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:33 pm

The UK website has always been a pile of ....e, we didnt even have one for several years. Why bother having one if they never update it.

Increasingly there is less and less quality from Amex
Old Sep 21, 2006, 3:44 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by MattUK
The UK website has always been a pile of ....e, we didnt even have one for several years. Why bother having one if they never update it.

Increasingly there is less and less quality from Amex

I was asked to give feedback on the website a few months ago and let rip as it is a big joke - every page tells you to call for more info. For goodness sake monkeys, that is like a mid-90's first corporate web page faux pas.

Allegedly the new travel system is due in the next month which will be available online. So basically that means its at least a year away, but then hey, if it means I don't have to spend an average of 15 minutes trying to get through to someone who is lost with the acronym FHR then its a good wait. And I notice its that time of the year again when 'contracts' are bieng negotiated. Not able to help with a rate for the Tokyo MO - asking me to call back in a month.

And its the latter that annoys me, they are not proactive. Why don't they call me, why shoudl I chase them? All the Cneturion UK dpeartments are guilty of this - oh they only work 9-5, can you call back in the morning. No. You call me.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Sep 23, 2006, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RichardMannion
Allegedly the new travel system is due in the next month which will be available online. So basically that means its at least a year away, but then hey, if it means I don't have to spend an average of 15 minutes trying to get through to someone who is lost with the acronym FHR then its a good wait.
Last time I called up for help with a hotel reservation (late notice, in London, at the same time as Fashion Week and I couldn't find anything much less than rack rates, so was hoping for a negotiated rate), there was a message saying that they were training staff in the new system so there might be some delays.

And indeed I spent fifteen minutes on hold (this at about 10pm so not exactly peak demand hours) before giving up and making my own arrangements.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:37 am

Programs: Various
What they meant was that due to them accidentally giving the travel staff the full lunch hour, they have now to spend time retraining them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.