Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Card Defence (Centurion)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2006, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

American Express Card Defence (Centurion)

I received a letter this week offering me American Express Card Defence, you know one of those things that protects cards, passport etc.

I thought this benefit was free with Centurion? The letter says I can have this benefit for an annual fee..

Anyone know about this, should it be free?? I'm not paying them for it thats for sure.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by MattUK
I received a letter this week offering me American Express Card Defence, you know one of those things that protects cards, passport etc.

I thought this benefit was free with Centurion? The letter says I can have this benefit for an annual fee..

Anyone know about this, should it be free?? I'm not paying them for it thats for sure.
I am sure that Centurions get something like this already, think it was doen by Snetinel back then. Maybe its part of the vapourware we know as Centurion refresh.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Not free for Plats. I paid £25 for it.

I think it's good value, peace of mind etc. Covers all my UK cards as well as my Dutch ones too. Every family member at the same address can be added onto it.

Chris
Old Oct 3, 2006, 9:00 pm

i would not sign up for it-rip off

Originally Posted by MattUK

Most all bank cards and amex have this feature built in to just their card-individually. But they still try to get an extra buck from everybody by offering this feature 6 months later or so. Basically you are covered for the same thing in the security part of the contract when u signed up for the card.

But covering all your cards from one bank is what makes this different etc.
Also it may stipulate the Identity theft -feature- in this new offer that also makes it different.
long story u get the jist.

Carmen wpb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.