Community
Wiki Posts
Search

whats the "best" u.k. credit card please?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: thai, eva
whats the "best" u.k. credit card please?

Hi, just joined the site , though ive been reading it for a while! Basically I live in the u.k. and fly to bkk twice a year. Ive got silver status on Thais R.O.P, I fly economy.Last time i went to bkk, i went on Eva Airs , E.D.
I want to get a credit card, whereby i can get some benefits, preferably mileage accrual?, I dont mind really which airline they would be for (although i currently have about 15,000 miles with thai, and about 22,000 miles with eva.)

OR! alternatively could i "swap" my miles with either airline , into another frequent flyer program? So! in summary , for a u.k. based guy, what is the best way for me to earn miles with a f.f. program to earn miles (for up-grades ) please!? cheers guys!
Old Jun 7, 2006, 6:13 pm

American Express ofcourse, what else??
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Best scheme for you is the BMI (british midland) Mastercard. See the BMI forum for more details. I recommend the card with the £60 fee as this generates more miles. BMI is part of Star Alliance so you can redeem on Thai.

An economy flight to Bangkok on Thai is 40,000 miles plus £270 plus tax. You get 20,000 miles for getting the card plus 2 miles per £1 spent. So, spend £10,000 on the card and you'll have enough to get to BKK from the UK. Even better, spend £20,000 on the card and you'll have 60,000 miles to go in Business Class on Thai!

You can also book 1-way flights with BMI miles, so you could do one leg on Eva or Thai using your existing miles (assuming those schemes allow 1-way redemptions), then use BMI miles for the other leg.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: thai, eva
ok thanks very much for that Raffles! I will have to apply for one of those!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.