A membership actually worth having.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 4:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

A membership actually worth having.

http://www.clubcorp.com/signature-gold.aspx
Old Jun 2, 2006, 6:15 am

Any particular reason you put this in an American Express forum?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

To show what a waste the 400 to 2500 dollars the plat and cent cards are. Clubcorp is 25 to 50 dollars a month plus you home clubs annual dues. You get the same benefits of your home club with no extra charge. Amex should contact these people and include this as a benefit.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:04 am

Programs: Amex plat, Hyatt, Hertz, Concierge Association-Colorado
This is golf course junk and has nothing to do with flying, and little to do with travel.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Its not just golf courses, its tennis courts, fitness and social membership. Not all of us want to see overweight losers at airport lounges all the time.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:27 am

Programs: Amex plat, Hyatt, Hertz, Concierge Association-Colorado
my 300 lbs is not over weight, I'm hurricane-proof.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by sithlord
To show what a waste the 400 to 2500 dollars the plat and cent cards are. Clubcorp is 25 to 50 dollars a month plus you home clubs annual dues. You get the same benefits of your home club with no extra charge. Amex should contact these people and include this as a benefit.
Isn't there an "initiation" fee with CCA clubs in addition to the home dues and the extra $50/month? What are the average "home club annual dues"? Depending on those amounts, perhaps it is an attractive deal, if you have a club nearby and if you plan to join that club anyway for its golf or other club features. ^
Old Jun 2, 2006, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
There are certainly plenty of threads discussing the merits and criticisms of American Express offerings.

But the topic is American Express. And the merits of a club/golf membership program seem off-topic for this forum, so I will close the thread here.

For what it's worth, it would be perfectly reasonable -- in answering a question from a member, "is the $395 Platinum fee worth it?" -- to say "well, I've found some similar benefits to be better delivered and less expensive at another company like X." (That would be an opinion of which reasonable members could differ.) But a thread to discuss or promote another such program doesn't really being in the American Express Membership Rewards forum.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.