Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Charge Card Design

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2006, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Amex Charge Card Design

I saw this posting on another board and it sparked my curiosity and am wondering the same:

When American Express replaced their charge cards with the "Rewards" charge card, they did a slight design modification of their cards. I noticed the font size of "American Express" is much smaller on their card then the previous version and is in a white color as opposed to their black color on the gold card. I heard they did another modification to their card, which has a larger font size equal to the previous version of the charge card.

Can anyone confirm this.
Old May 1, 2006, 2:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
See this thread and go to the link in my post #15.
Old May 1, 2006, 5:13 am

Out of interest, what did the old one look like? I'm a new platinum card holder and the one in the link is all I've ever seen.
Old May 1, 2006, 5:53 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
HK still has the old design cards:

http://www.americanexpress.com/hk/en...ELINK_homepage
Old May 1, 2006, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
See this thread and go to the link in my post #15.
Thanks for the link.

What don't you like about the new card design? The only thing I, and many others, dont like about them is the smaller font size of "American Express" on the card. I am wondering if they are changing that.
Old May 1, 2006, 4:14 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Silver, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SteveT
Thanks for the link.

What don't you like about the new card design? The only thing I, and many others, dont like about them is the smaller font size of "American Express" on the card. I am wondering if they are changing that.

I don't mind the card design myself. I'm not paying my annual fee for the design though. I think AMEX needs to put more real life benefits into their entire charge card line (Green, Gold, Platinum) in order to stay competitive with Citi, ML, and the other big name Visa/MC card issuers. Why pay for a Rewards Green or Gold when you can get (Membership Rewards Options) free with Blue as well as most of the benefits of Green and Gold. AMEX needs to step it up, or the design won't matter.

- ChuckB
Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

AMex Cards

Here is a link to the pictures of the "refreshed" Amex cards. Dont like the Gold Card, but maybe they refreshed it to look more like the green and platinum cards.

Last edited by SteveT; Sep 3, 2006 at 1:21 am
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:32 pm

Programs: United GS,Virgin Flying Club Gold,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Gold,SPG Gold,AmEx Platinum
Find a better material for the signature strip

Here is a link to the pictures of the "refreshed" Amex cards. Dont like the Gold Card, but maybe they refreshed it to look more like the green and platinum cards.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l6...012/Image9.jpg
I don't know about anybody else but I wish that AmEx would find better material for the signature strip on the Platinum card. I'm on my second card and debating whether to get a third replacement card because the strip has worn away yet again! It's probably the gas station card readers that do it but my other cards don't seem to suffer from this problem.

HG
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
Originally Posted by HiredGun
I don't know about anybody else but I wish that AmEx would find better material for the signature strip on the Platinum card. I'm on my second card and debating whether to get a third replacement card because the strip has worn away yet again! It's probably the gas station card readers that do it but my other cards don't seem to suffer from this problem.

HG

I have a Platinum card that is less than a month old, and the signature strip is already wearing off. I'll wait a couple more months before I call and request another card, but, what should I ask for?, just say that the merchants can't read the signature?

It's odd, because the signature strip is actually lower on the card and more away from the mag strip than my DL Amex, and yet the DL card dosen't have any of the problems.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:53 am

Programs: United GS,Virgin Flying Club Gold,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Gold,SPG Gold,AmEx Platinum
Platinum CSR should issue replacement card w/o problems

Originally Posted by s25843
... call and request another card, but, what should I ask for?, just say that the merchants can't read the signature?
I just called the Platinum line and explained that my signature strip had been worn away. They didn't ask any further questions and said they would send another card in the mail.

I believe there is an option on the automated line for lost/damaged card replacement.

HG
Old Sep 3, 2006, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone recently received a Gold Charge Card? if so, What did it look ?
Old Sep 4, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Silver, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
Has anyone recently received a Gold Charge Card? if so, What did it look ?
Got a replacement card about a month ago. It looks like the one on AMEX's U.S. website.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chuckb
Got a replacement card about a month ago. It looks like the one on AMEX's U.S. website.
Hi CHuck-

I IM'd you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.