Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Blackcard Club offers free membership until January 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blackcard Club offers free membership until January 1

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2005, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rain
You actually had to pay to join the blackcard club?
Not me. They once asked for $1,000 per year. Not sure that anyone has ever paid any dues. Right now it is free to year end with no hint as to what is to come after that.

If this is just a group looking to party and show how unique they are, I'll be long gone before then. I rarely use my black card -- too much attention and points not as valuble as with my Starwood card.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 10:49 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Oh, I dunno, server space is awfully cheap and forums don't cost much to run, 'specially with no traffic. So why not keep it up and running and sucker in all the wanna-bes that will go pay $$$ on Ebay for expired centurion cards (yes, I've seen them there) just to "front" with.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:37 pm

Programs: QF WP, SQ SG, MH EG, CX Diamond, AMEX Black, InterconPlat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
...so I just checked out that site... I must say what is up with that??? - That guy Ray's scene is seriously polyester and outdated limo esque... It also seems to reeks of desperation.

The sense of cheapness to the whole thing makes me think its more on the scam side. This ain't the jets'n'rivera crowd. Beware!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OzChuckles
...so I just checked out that site... I must say what is up with that??? - That guy Ray's scene is seriously polyester and outdated limo esque... It also seems to reeks of desperation.

The sense of cheapness to the whole thing makes me think its more on the scam side. This ain't the jets'n'rivera crowd. Beware!
Just about says it all. Have tried to find some redeeming feature without any success at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.