Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aus Centurion Invite finished for 2005 ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:00 am
PN
Original Poster

Location: Australia - PPS Sol; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Plat; Amex Plat.
Aus Centurion Invite finished for 2005 ?

Me mate who is keen on the black rang up last month to get an invite, however the lady mentioned that invites are gone/finished for the year 2005 ?
Any ozzies knows if this is correct ?
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:31 am

Programs: Leaders Program, Supreme Commander Platinum
I just called AMEX Centurion US and they said they are no longer inviting customers, but if you qualify based on their requirements you can call and request an invitation.

They said there has been too much publicity so as of now only by request ...and invite
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Supreme Leader of the Free World
I just called AMEX Centurion US and they said they are no longer inviting customers, but if you qualify based on their requirements you can call and request an invitation.

They said there has been too much publicity so as of now only by request ...and invite
Does this represent a change in recruitment - I mean are you essentially saying that, yes, people can still obtain the Centurion, just not through the same channels as before? How about the UK?
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:43 am

Programs: Leaders Program, Supreme Commander Platinum
Originally Posted by Flyer26
Does this represent a change in recruitment - I mean are you essentially saying that, yes, people can still obtain the Centurion, just not through the same channels as before? How about the UK?
To be clear:

I called AMEX US. Asked ,"I have read that AMEX may be no longer giving invitations for the Centurion card in other countries. I am going to hit my $150K next month. Will I still be able to get the card?"

Response:

1. AMEX is no longer giving unrequested invitations. (reviewing card usage and just giving out invitations)

2. If you meet the "spend" requirements you can call and request a card and they will consider you for an invitation.

SUMMARIZING

As far as I can tell for people who were going to meet some predefined requirements and call and ask for a card in the US there is no change. For people who were hoping to just get an invitation no dice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.