Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for new cards to show up?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2004, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

How long for new cards to show up?

We are new to American Express and were approved for three Plat cards this past monday (Nov 15). I'm just wondering how long it takes for them to show up? Were going to buy a Lincon Navigator this week and I'd love to put it on the card But if it's not here soon I can't wait much longer

I'm a bit ticked off with AMEX already, when requesting the cards over the phone the agent made two big mistakes. All three were to be Plat and all three have the same last name, however one of the add-on cards she left a letter out of the last name and had it as a gold!

Now the messed up card will be days behind the other two and the only one to arrive yet it the mistake gold card

Thanks all!
Old Nov 20, 2004, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Call and tell them your situation!

When I get my first Amex it was a no annual fee British Airways card. I had applied in the middle of August. I phoned up on the 4th September as I was going away to check on the status of the application. My signed T&Cs hadn't been received by Amex so they faxed me a copy to sign which I sent back while on the other line. I told them I was going to the US the following day and that I was keen to take it with me and the following morning I received it via courier in time for me to take it the airport :-:^

Last edited by fbgdavidson; Nov 20, 2004 at 3:46 pm
Old Nov 20, 2004, 4:29 pm
RCC

Originally Posted by dspringer28
We are new to American Express and were approved for three Plat cards this past monday (Nov 15). I'm just wondering how long it takes for them to show up? Were going to buy a Lincon Navigator this week and I'd love to put it on the card But if it's not here soon I can't wait much longer

I'm a bit ticked off with AMEX already, when requesting the cards over the phone the agent made two big mistakes. All three were to be Plat and all three have the same last name, however one of the add-on cards she left a letter out of the last name and had it as a gold!

Now the messed up card will be days behind the other two and the only one to arrive yet it the mistake gold card

Thanks all!
I think u can request them to send it via FedEx
Old Nov 20, 2004, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

I asked about FedEx (I even offerd to pay ) but they said not for new apps, only replacements.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 9:51 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, UA Premier Exec, CX Gold, Diamond GP, Hilton Gold, RC Gold
took months

literally, it took two months for me to get my amex card. the first one was mis-sent and then i had a replacement sent which was fedexed. so, i had them prorate the 2 months of the fee.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 2:11 am

7-10 days. But your cards will not arrive all at once. Amex mails them out a couple of days apart with the primary one the first to arrive.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 4:12 am

I enquired about the rush delivery for my new cards, and the best they could offer was to cancel the accounts (card numbers) sent by US Mail and open new accounts to be sent by FedEx overnight. I decided I could wait the extra few days and not have to deal with that, so I declined.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 6:23 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
call amex

Originally Posted by b-real
I enquired about the rush delivery for my new cards, and the best they could offer was to cancel the accounts (card numbers) sent by US Mail and open new accounts to be sent by FedEx overnight. I decided I could wait the extra few days and not have to deal with that, so I declined.

amex can issue a card within 30 minutes. once my platinum was broken. i requested a new one at 17 00 . i got my replacement card (new cardnumber) 9 00 the next morning.
you can go to a amex buero too, and get a temp card issued. they have platinums cards too for fast issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.