Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The Centurion Suite at STAPLES Center will be open for most Los Angeles Kings, Los Angeles Lakers, and Los Angeles Clippers home games throughout the year.

The Centurion Suite opens 90 minutes prior to the beginning of the game when general doors open, so be sure to check in as soon as possible, as space is limited. The Centurion Suite will close immediately following the conclusion of the event.

To check in you will be required to show your valid American Express Platinum or Centurion Card along with a photo ID. You will receive a wristband that will grant you access and re-entry into The Centurion Suite throughout the evening.

Platinum Card and Centurion Members are permitted up to (3) guests per Platinum or Centurion Card (subject to availability and capacity), and guests must be present upon check in.
https://www.staplescenter.com/guest-services/exclusive-dining/centurion-suite
Print Wikipost

Staples Center Centurion Suite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:23 pm

BUMP.

I'm looking to use this lounge for a Clippers game and want to know what the access rules are and experience for those who've recently used it. I have a U.S. Business Platinum Card from the AMEX.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
BUMP.

I'm looking to use this lounge for a Clippers game and want to know what the access rules are and experience for those who've recently used it. I have a U.S. Business Platinum Card from the AMEX.
Only the first 150 (?) people get in and it can be "sold out" pretty early on for big games. You'll have to find the Amex entrance on the concourse to get wristbands for yourself + 3 guests. If you enter in the VIP doors near the Magic Johnson statue (on Chick Hearn Ct across from the LA Live complex), head past the elevators into the hallway and emerge out the other end. If you enter through the normal doors near the statue, head left once you reach the concourse. Say "hi" to Monica if she's the one signing you in.

As for the actual lounge, it's only "okay" ... sightlines can be obstructed by the pillars in the San Manuel Club and there aren't many tables to sit at (they are first come first serve). If you have seats in the 100s, 200s, or PR level, stick with your seats for the game. I could see going to the lounge if you have a 300s ticket ....

One good thing about the Amex lounge is that it gives your Premier level access if you don't already have Premier tickets, so you can access San Manuel Club.

For what it's worth, they don't actually swipe the card or check its validity other than expiration date ......
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
Only the first 150 (?) people get in and it can be "sold out" pretty early on for big games. You'll have to find the Amex entrance on the concourse to get wristbands for yourself + 3 guests. If you enter in the VIP doors near the Magic Johnson statue (on Chick Hearn Ct across from the LA Live complex), head past the elevators into the hallway and emerge out the other end. If you enter through the normal doors near the statue, head left once you reach the concourse. Say "hi" to Monica if she's the one signing you in.

As for the actual lounge, it's only "okay" ... sightlines can be obstructed by the pillars in the San Manuel Club and there aren't many tables to sit at (they are first come first serve). If you have seats in the 100s, 200s, or PR level, stick with your seats for the game. I could see going to the lounge if you have a 300s ticket ....

One good thing about the Amex lounge is that it gives your Premier level access if you don't already have Premier tickets, so you can access San Manuel Club.

For what it's worth, they don't actually swipe the card or check its validity other than expiration date ......
Thanks amol. I'm getting tickets in the nosebleed section anyway, so figure watching from the lounge and getting a drink or two would be more preferable.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Amex just tweeted about the Centurion Suite at the Staples center.

Anyone know how the lounge and the suite relate to each other?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Amex just tweeted about the Centurion Suite at the Staples center.

Anyone know how the lounge and the suite relate to each other?
All suites are on the Premium levels and thus can access the main Premium lounge/bar/restaurant. Is that what you are asking?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
No, Amex announced they are building a Centurion Suite. Since they already have a Lounge, this would seem to be something different, and maybe more exclusive.

Is this related to the Lounge - i.e. do Lounge members get access - or is it something you can get access to instead of the Lounge?

I guess they'll fully announce what it is when they are ready, but it's fun to speculate
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
No, Amex announced they are building a Centurion Suite. Since they already have a Lounge, this would seem to be something different, and maybe more exclusive.
If you read the details from the tweet, you'd see that nothing has changed. It's still the same B level lounge with the same rules of entry. They just put a fancy new door on that says Centurion. But Centurion members don't seem to get any benefit that any ordinary Platinum member gets so it's a rather poor show from Amex. I can't see any reason to go there unless I only had upper deck tickets.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Can any Platinum card be used to enter the Staples Centurion Lounge? I saw people using their Delta Platinum card to get access without a problem. This will be good to know.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, AA, Delta, Southwest CP, Citi Prestige, MLife Platinum
Why do they even have the lounge? Seems to provide absolutely no benefit if view is poor and no free food or drink. I thought this would be a great opportunity for Amex to actually have something to justify their annual fees, but of course it seems they are trying to make money or breakeven on the lounge. As usual it seems it just better to go to a real lounge or bar that is actually in business for that purpose! Disappointing!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:34 am

Is this lounge open during concerts?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by janaleigh
Is this lounge open during concerts?
No. Only for Lakers, Clippers and Kings games.

https://www.staplescenter.com/guest-...enturion-suite

I was there last night for the Clippers v. Celtics game and it's a great place to watch a game, provided that you get there early enough to snag a seat.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Statman
I was there last night for the Clippers v. Celtics game and it's a great place to watch a game, provided that you get there early enough to snag a seat.
How early?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by theranj
How early?
My wife and I arrived at 6:45 p.m. for a 7:30 p.m. game and got two good seats directly overlooking the basket area.

Note that it is stool seating for the entire suite except for one area near the entrance that has 6 lounger seats.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:13 pm

Centurion Members at the Staples Center Centurion Lounge

Does anyone know if there are reserved seats for Centurion members at the Centurion Lounge at Staples Center? Any extra perks for Centurion members there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.