Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion & Platinum benefits: comprehensive listings by country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion & Platinum benefits: comprehensive listings by country

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:45 pm

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
You also get complimentary car rental insurance with the French Cent card...
Old May 8, 2006, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I came across rather a useful webpage that lists Centurion benefits for:
-United Kingdom
-United States
-Germany
-Hong Kong
-Switzerland
-Japan
-Mexico
-Australia
-Sweden
-France
-Italy
-Spain
-Netherlands
-Singapore
-Russia

The benefits for the newer Centurion territories are few and far between at the moment but I suspect the author shall update as and when. I cannot however vouch for how correct these details are.

http://www.geocities.jp/ctwxg845/comparison.html
Old May 8, 2006, 5:29 pm

If only they can combine all the benefits from every country and make it all universal....
Old May 23, 2006, 7:05 pm

Location: FL, UA 1K 2M, NH DIA, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, National Emer Exec
Being a U.S. member, will I only get the benefits inside the U.S. and not universal?
Old May 23, 2006, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999
any one have a detailed listed for Canadian Plat. holders and/or any info on any additions since we lost the Fairmount properties this year
Here is the info on Canadian Platinum:
http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...,13399,00.asp?

Does anyone have Canadian Centurion and possibly can enlighten the other FTers as to its various benefits (other than the ones that are standard in Platinum)?
How long do you need to have Plat first before being invited?
What is the minimum income and expenditure required?
Cost, supplementary cards, memberships, lounges etc.?
Old May 24, 2006, 5:22 am

Programs: AC*SE & 2MM/Bonvoy Gold/HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JflyerYYZ
Here is the info on Canadian Platinum:
http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...,13399,00.asp?

Does anyone have Canadian Centurion and possibly can enlighten the other FTers as to its various benefits (other than the ones that are standard in Platinum)?
How long do you need to have Plat first before being invited?
What is the minimum income and expenditure required?
Cost, supplementary cards, memberships, lounges etc.?
AFAIK there is no Canadian Centurion, it is not the canadian way
Old May 24, 2006, 12:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Originally Posted by Fraser
I came across rather a useful webpage that lists Centurion benefits for:
-United Kingdom
-United States
-Germany
-Hong Kong
-Switzerland
-Japan
-Mexico
-Australia
-Sweden
-France
-Italy
-Spain
-Netherlands
-Singapore
-Russia

The benefits for the newer Centurion territories are few and far between at the moment but I suspect the author shall update as and when. I cannot however vouch for how correct these details are.

http://www.geocities.jp/ctwxg845/comparison.html
Thanks for the link.

Does anyone know what benefits the German Centurion Card has with KLM Flying Blue? It was listed as one of the benefits.

Thx
Old May 24, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: F
Relating to the UK Platinum Chargecard: is the spouse's supplementary card also platinum in colour, or is it green? When I applied for my card (8th May) I thought I saw that the deal was a platinum supplementary for the wife, and up to 3 more greens to share around the family. Now I can no longer see any reference to an additional platinum on the amex website and wonder what we are going to get through the post: a platinum for me and green for my wife?
Old May 24, 2006, 2:44 pm
Suspended

I got the Plat card a couple of weeks ago and it is one additional free Plat card. My wife got exactly the same pack as me, came seperately in the post in the box etc (though it will be sent to you). You can then request the additional cards which can be Gold or Green.

http://www.americanexpress.com/pes/u...e_charge.shtml

still shows all the details..
Old May 24, 2006, 3:37 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by FatBoyYVR
I got the Plat card a couple of weeks ago and it is one additional free Plat card. My wife got exactly the same pack as me, came seperately in the post in the box etc (though it will be sent to you). You can then request the additional cards which can be Gold or Green.

http://www.americanexpress.com/pes/u...e_charge.shtml

still shows all the details..
Excellent. Thanks for that link, just what I remembered.
Old May 24, 2006, 4:19 pm

Programs: Platinum Amex, BAEC Blue, BA PP Amex, Club SLH, Avis Wizard
I have trawled through this thread and can't find any reference to this but if there please point me in the right direction.

What are the differences between the UK Platinum and the Centurion card? What are the pre-requisits for being offered the Centurion card?

I ask as the only reason i wanted the Platinum card was because I was under the impression you get good deals on hotel stays etc but maybe I have it wrong and that is only the centurion card.

Someone please help
Old May 25, 2006, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by PointsMeanPrizes
I have trawled through this thread and can't find any reference to this but if there please point me in the right direction.

What are the differences between the UK Platinum and the Centurion card? What are the pre-requisits for being offered the Centurion card?

I ask as the only reason i wanted the Platinum card was because I was under the impression you get good deals on hotel stays etc but maybe I have it wrong and that is only the centurion card.

Someone please help
Centurion is about to be re- launched or so they say. Benifits have sliped away over the years and the latest loss ( SPG PLAT at the end of this SPG Year , giving us Gold the same as Amex Plat holders) to some was the last straw.

At Present , not worth the 650 a year ( Unless you can take advantage of the MO 2-1 offer) , however the rumor is that the relaunch will include a great new package ( and now doubt a price hike).

HJow you get Cent , I have not got a clue . I think they are not currently issueing new cards. When I was offered mine , I gave it a go. Used to have great service, now you phone & que , cs not to great.
Old May 25, 2006, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by PointsMeanPrizes

Someone please help
The relaunched UK Plat card offers SPG Gold, Hilton Gold (1 year), Sofitel Gold and Radisson goldpoints Silver in terms of hotel benefits. You also get access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts programme, which offers free breakfast, reduced rates, late check-out, upgrades and a welcome gift at a few hundred five star hotels worldwide. The latter can save you a LOT of money if used in the right places - you can often save your entire Plat fee in one stay.

You also get full travel insurance for five people and their families, two Priority Pass airport lounge access cards, Eurostar lounge access and BMI lounge access.

The only difference with Centurion for hotel stays is that there are special deals negotiated with a couple of chains. There are bigger Ritz-Carlton discounts, for instance, and a once-per-year 'buy 1 night get 1 free at weekends' offer with Mandarin Oriental.

The travel insurance benefit is actually better with Plat, especially as it now covers all car hire insurance outside the UK.

We believe that no Centurion cards are currently being issued in the UK. Rumoured spend requirement was 60k but everyone I know who has one says they never spent that much. In any event, it is certainly not worth the 650 fee when you compare it with the 300 Plat package unless - potentially - you are certain you will use the Mandarin Oriental offer.
Old May 25, 2006, 4:09 am

Programs: Platinum Amex, BAEC Blue, BA PP Amex, Club SLH, Avis Wizard
Originally Posted by Raffles
The relaunched UK Plat card offers SPG Gold, Hilton Gold (1 year), Sofitel Gold and Radisson goldpoints Silver in terms of hotel benefits. You also get access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts programme, which offers free breakfast, reduced rates, late check-out, upgrades and a welcome gift at a few hundred five star hotels worldwide. The latter can save you a LOT of money if used in the right places - you can often save your entire Plat fee in one stay.

You also get full travel insurance for five people and their families, two Priority Pass airport lounge access cards, Eurostar lounge access and BMI lounge access.

The only difference with Centurion for hotel stays is that there are special deals negotiated with a couple of chains. There are bigger Ritz-Carlton discounts, for instance, and a once-per-year 'buy 1 night get 1 free at weekends' offer with Mandarin Oriental.

The travel insurance benefit is actually better with Plat, especially as it now covers all car hire insurance outside the UK.

We believe that no Centurion cards are currently being issued in the UK. Rumoured spend requirement was 60k but everyone I know who has one says they never spent that much. In any event, it is certainly not worth the 650 fee when you compare it with the 300 Plat package unless - potentially - you are certain you will use the Mandarin Oriental offer.
Raffles, the extent and depth of your knowledge never ceases to amaze me on the BA board but I hadn't realised it stretched to non BA Amex cards to.

Thanks for that, you have answered just about all of my questions in one post. My only other question is can you swap the MR points for BA Miles or just Virgin ones?
Old May 25, 2006, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
... a once-per-year 'buy 1 night get 1 free at weekends' offer with Mandarin Oriental ...
Actually, that I can recall there is no weekend stipulation.

The MO benefit will save me over 900 this year, for stays in NY, HK and London. This is basically the only reason I keep the card at this stage: it would be difficult to imagine what would tempt me to stay with it if that benefit were to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.