US Centurion Travel technical problem with receipts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2004, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
US Centurion Travel technical problem with receipts

I've run into my first real problem with Centurion after having the card for several years now. I don't often use Centurion Travel, but they have helped me out on a few occasions. The strange thing is that when you book a flight with them, they only send you the receipt by postal mail. They can email you the itinerary, but it never has the actual price paid for the ticket. I was only bothered by this once in the past and I eventually got home and found the posted receipt.

But now I'm away and really need a receipt for a flight I booked through them recently. So I called them up and they said that once the flight has been flown, the record leaves their system. They transferred me to Customer Service who said they could get a receipt for me in 6-8 weeks. I got transferred back to Centurion Travel and asked them why they could not get me the same type of receipt that any airline normally gives me. They just can't apparently. The receipt that gets mailed to me comes from the Phoenix office. So the agent is going to call the Phoenix office Monday to see if they can fax me a copy.

This whole thing seems bizzare to me. I've never heard of a travel agent who cannot give a receipt to a customer. Amex says that with E-Tickets they can do nothing. But I don't accept this. Has anyone found a way to get an E-Ticket airline receipt from Amex?
Old Sep 12, 2004, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
This whole thing seems bizzare to me. I've never heard of a travel agent who cannot give a receipt to a customer. Amex says that with E-Tickets they can do nothing. But I don't accept this. Has anyone found a way to get an E-Ticket airline receipt from Amex?
In the UK, if I book tickets through Centurion Travel Services, I receive a paper receipt automatically (printed by some godawful dot-matrix printer onto standard American Express Travel Related Services paper). Typically it arrives stapled into my ticket folder, but just in an envelope in the case of an e-ticket.

If I lose that, as I have once or twice, I ring them up and ask for a duplicate, which then arrives nicely laser printed onto Centurion letterhead.

I find your situation extremely odd!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.