Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; New larger location 15 February 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
The new lounge is located on the mezzanine level in the Central Terminal. It is accessible by taking the elevator or staircase located in the food court in the Central Terminal (between B and C) in the back left corner behind Evergreens.

Hours: 5:00am - 10:00pm

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; New larger location 15 February 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold

Originally Posted by seenabro
Source?
A comment from Robert D on a OMAAT article:

Robert D Guest
January 24, 2023, 5:20 pmI work for the Port of Seattle (we run the airport). The Centurion Lounge has invited all Port employees to a private event on February 14, “a day before we officially open to our card members”.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/amex...ounge-seattle/
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:53 pm

Anyone know if the new centurion lounge is an expansion of the old centurion lounge (also Gate B3)?
It just so happens that I have a layover in SEA on the 15th.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by randomasian
Anyone know if the new centurion lounge is an expansion of the old centurion lounge (also Gate B3)?
It just so happens that I have a layover in SEA on the 15th.
As I understand it, it's an entirely new space above the main atrium/food court area.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: AS, DL, AA, AC, BA, UA
I thought guest access was gone, but the official Amex page still shows up to two companions are allowed.
https://global.americanexpress.com/l...S?locale=en-US
Up to two companions can enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge.
Probably just haven't gotten around to updating their page yet, but if anyone tries it, please let us know one way or the other.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by newbie_flyer
I thought guest access was gone,
No, only the cost of guest access has changed. Extensive discussion:

Centurion Lounge crowding: Report entry process & loads since FEB 2023 policy change.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: DL PM
According to the blogs, the SEA Centurion lounge actually is open today!
Old Feb 15, 2023, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Opened!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ramseyq...acoma-airport/
Old Feb 15, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
One top change I haven't seen mentioned in the blogs is the new location's hours have expanded and are now 5am to 10pm. Nice.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 1:44 pm

TPG has a detailed review already with actual pictures taken at the lounge - thepointsguy.com/reviews/new-amex-centurion-lounge-seattle
Looks solid so far, cant wait to visit.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by newbie_flyer
I thought guest access was gone, but the official Amex page still shows up to two companions are allowed.
https://global.americanexpress.com/l...S?locale=en-US

Probably just haven't gotten around to updating their page yet, but if anyone tries it, please let us know one way or the other.

Take a close look at your URL - it includes /the-platinum-card-idc-en/

The page itself may not make this clear, but the rules it shows are for the International Dollar Cards, not the regular US cards.

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-idc/

I stumbled over that recently and almost posted about it myself. For some reason when I searched on Google for CL access rules, the first hit was the rules for the IDC card. Very confusing and likely going to confuse or frustrate some customers.
newbie_flyer likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:13 pm

Can someone verify that it's open at 5am? I see some places saying it's 7 am.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by julian926
Can someone verify that it's open at 5am? I see some places saying it's 7 am.
Amex website says 5am.
julian926 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL PM
Just left, very solid! The coffee bar is a nice addition. Food was on par with the other Amex lounges. Much larger than the old space. Only complaint is I wish they had more snacks/desserts.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Can someone who is going in the morning (5-7 am) over the next few days confirm the food spread? A commenter on OMAAT said that it's just a "continental" breakfast which makes it sound like no hot items, which would be a big downgrade from the old lounge breakfast options. I'm hoping this isn't a permanent thing, as there are many early morning flights out of SEA.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Can someone who is going in the morning (5-7 am) over the next few days confirm the food spread? A commenter on OMAAT said that it's just a "continental" breakfast which makes it sound like no hot items, which would be a big downgrade from the old lounge breakfast options. I'm hoping this isn't a permanent thing, as there are many early morning flights out of SEA.
From the sound of things, it appears as though it mirrors other centurion lounges in the first 30-60 minutes being continental and then shifting to a full breakfast there-after. Some reports are saying the shift happened at some point between 6:00-7:30AM.

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Feb 16, 2023 at 3:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.