Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Getting Amex Plat today and maximizing 2022 benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle

Is it feasible to get a personal or business platinum card now or tomorrow morning, get a virtual card number and actually trigger all the credits tomorrow?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 2:56 am
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
Probably Not

Originally Posted by Yarhead
Is it feasible to get a personal or business platinum card now or tomorrow morning, get a virtual card number and actually trigger all the credits tomorrow?
I don’t think so. Even if you already had the card and made all the qualifying charges today I wouldn't expect the charges to post to the account until next year at this point and therefore trigger the credits in January.

so, it’s possible but I don’t think so
Old Dec 31, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Possibly e-gift card purchase for Saks? Maybe even physical purchase if you have the card number in your wallet? Also, maybe airline purchase if you were to do lets say AA club passes? It is the transaction date on most of those items that matters right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.