Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points for Both Platinum Business card and Business Checking account.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2022, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

I've had a Platinum Business card for several years and recently signed up for the Business Checking account to take advantage of the 60,000 sign up points bonus. When I log into my AMEX account now, I get a pop-up that says you can potentially get 230,000 total bonus points for signing up for the Platinum Business card (150k), the Business Checking account (60k), and a special bonus for both (20k). Can I qualify for the last offer (20k for both), even though I've had my Business Platinum card for multiple years?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:48 pm

Amex sign up bonuses are usually once per lifetime per product. What does the terms and conditions say? The terms will usually indicate clearly if existing card holders are excluded.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by OldVenomSnake
Amex sign up bonuses are usually once per lifetime per product...............
Not so much anymore. But, yes, read the terms.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I received a snail mail offer for only the checking account about 3-4 weeks ago and I saw the same pop-up a week or 2 ago. My interpretation of the pop-up offer was that IF one is eligible for new biz plat and biz checking accounts, then one could sign up (apply) for both accounts and potentially receive the maximum bonus. Operative word being “if” and “if one is eligible” likely being more potentially prohibitive for the biz plat card than the biz checking account.

I didn’t research if a new biz checking account added to an existing biz plat account would qualify for the maximum bonus.

FWIW, the terms of the public 60K MR offer and my snail mail 60K MR offer include “You are not eligible to earn a Welcome Bonus for any accounts opened for a business that currently has or has had an American Express® Business Checking account.” My snail mail offer has a 1/3/23 expiration date.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I opened a bus checking account in Dec when it gave 60K. I just got an email offer for the Plat and bus checking account with 30K with a 20K bonus if both are done. When I click on the link I am asked to log in. Once in I'm taken to the page of my existing checking account and I don't see the 30K offer anywhere. But I do see the link to open another checking account. Apply from there?
Old Apr 28, 2023, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I opened a bus checking account in Dec when it gave 60K. I just got an email offer for the Plat and bus checking account with 30K with a 20K bonus if both are done. When I click on the link I am asked to log in. Once in I'm taken to the page of my existing checking account and I don't see the 30K offer anywhere. But I do see the link to open another checking account. Apply from there?

bump
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:03 pm

AMEX Bus Plat + Bnk Account Offer 220K Combo Question

I previously did the combo bus plat + bank account offer. I see it is live again. No issue applying for card. Issue is with the bank account. When I apply it asks for my login credentials and drops me in to my previous (now closed) account. No way to complete applying for a new account?

How does one get around this?

Thanks
TD
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I previously did the combo bus plat + bank account offer. I see it is live again. No issue applying for card. Issue is with the bank account. When I apply it asks for my login credentials and drops me in to my previous (now closed) account. No way to complete applying for a new account?

Thanks
TD
Check the terms, but I believe the bank account bonus requires you to never have had a business checking account with them to qualify for the offer.
Traveler Dave and dchen2 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:24 pm

Thanks
TD
You mind sharing a link?
I currently have targeted NLL offers for 50k for Biz checking and 150k for biz plat but not the combo offer with extra 20k when applying for both.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by nemenor
You mind sharing a link?
I currently have targeted NLL offers for 50k for Biz checking and 150k for biz plat but not the combo offer with extra 20k when applying for both.
https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...ness-checking/
nemenor likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 11:13 am

Thanks 🙏
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Etihad Gold, Amtrak Select
This looks right -- I don't see any NLL language. Someone sanity check me?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 3:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by luggagebin
This looks right -- I don't see any NLL language. Someone sanity check me?
1) The checking account offer includes You are not eligible to earn a Welcome Bonus for any accounts opened for a business that currently has or has had an American Express® Business Checking account.

2) When I click [Apply for Business Platinum} I see [i]This offer is no longer available**. If you'd still like to apply for a Business Card from American Express click here. When I click through I am offered 170,000 points for $15,000 spend with this disclaimer: This offer may not be available if you leave this webpage and return later. - and - that offer includes the standard disqualification: You may not be eligible to receive a welcome offer if you have or have had this Card or previous versions of this Card.

**This offer is no longer available
often means that you are using a targeted offer and were not targeted.
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 6:30 pm

I have a targeted bundle offer for business checking and the business platinum card.

Has anyone only applied for the card through this offer and received the card portion of the bonus? The terms indicate this is OK the way I read it. The 2 products are 2 separate application links.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
I have a targeted bundle offer for business checking and the business platinum card.

Has anyone only applied for the card through this offer and received the card portion of the bonus? The terms indicate this is OK the way I read it. The 2 products are 2 separate application links.
Yes have done this. You can do either one on its own, or both and get the added bundle bonus.
rrgg likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.