Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX client mail travel agency address to receive mail in Rome

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank

Can you still receive mail at an AMEX travel agency overseas as an AMEX cardholder? Is there one in Rome?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
the website looks like 1990s and the links are dead ends...

https://travel.americanexpress.com/travel-experts

how can i receive mail in Rome, any suggestions?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
American Express sold off or closed most of their Travel Service Offices by the late 2000's. I would contact the Global Assist Hotline to ask if they still have a way to provide this type of service. 1-800-333-2639.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:01 pm

Do not forget your Amex travel checks. Haha
Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:04 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Originally Posted by frank_10b
the website looks like 1990s and the links are dead ends...
either we’re looking at different websites or your memory of 90s web design is very different from mine…

how can i receive mail in Rome, any suggestions?
have it sent to your hotel/wherever you’re staying?
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I have no idea how reliable it is, but it appears that General Delivery ("fermoposta") is available at Italian post offices, at least according to Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poste_restante
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:05 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Hotel is the safest option, but be aware that post may be held in the mail room rather than at the front desk and mail rooms have limited opening hours and are often closed over weekends.

Don't, whatever you do, use an Italian post office. You're pretty much guaranteed to get into jumping through customs clearance hoops to retrieve your mail, and this can take up to a month.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.