Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

A Prediction on coming restrictions to Amex Airline Lounge Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Wall Street Journal has an article on Delta enforcing their lounge access rule. Flyertalk has multiple posts on Priority Pass lounges with handmade signs of no admittance. Pictures of Centurion Lounges with long lines are all over social media. I predict more Amex restrictions coming to ALL LOUNGE access with Amex not just Centurion Lounge. I predict Amex may even lose some Delta Lounge access privileges beyond the 3hour rule . We all know it may not be official but priority pass already has restricted Amex with their homemade "lounge full signs" at multiple locations.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion
....priority pass already has restricted Amex with their homemade "lounge full signs" at multiple locations.
No, the lounge operators have restricted Priority Pass lounge entry when their facilities approach capacity. This is not something done by Priority Pass, and it isn't directly related to American Express.
Statman, Kacee and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
No, the lounge operators have restricted Priority Pass lounge entry when their facilities approach capacity. This is not something done by Priority Pass, and it isn't directly related to American Express.
I disagree as I have dealt with Lounge Dragons and they seem to know whose Priority Pass is a credit card freebie and off you go. Or it may be my charm but I have none but I get inside
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Centurion
....they seem to know whose Priority Pass is a credit card freebie ....
Yes, if the membership card says Priority Pass Select it is sponsored by a US financial institution. Currently there is no published acceptance distinction between Priority Pass and Priority Pass Select. If Priority Pass were to create a distinction, and keep it a secret, the cost would be substantial when it comes out. I don't see them taking that risk. It would be helpful if you mentioned the specific lounges where you were turned away because you had a Select membership.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, if the membership card says Priority Pass Select it is sponsored by a US financial institution. Currently there is no published acceptance distinction between Priority Pass and Priority Pass Select. If Priority Pass were to create a distinction, and keep it a secret, the cost would be substantial when it comes out. I don't see them taking that risk. It would be helpful if you mentioned the specific lounges where you were turned away because you had a Select membership.
They also know the difference between Chase issued and Amex issued PP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.