Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is there an escalation email for Amex? Horrible experience with them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there an escalation email for Amex? Horrible experience with them

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Horrible customer service - is this standard? So bad it’s comical

There was a billing mistake last month. Amex ran my autopay for 6,000 through twice.

It took my 15 days, (6 hours on hold) and 5 different agents to clear it up.

They refunded one of those charges, but for $5,700 with no explanation as to why it wasn’t the full amount. (I never carry a balance). To this day, I can’t find anyone to help so I gave up on the $300.

Today, without explanation they moved that 5,700 into pay over time, making my statement show a $5,700 charge. When I called the rude agent could only confirm I have a zero balance and couldn’t tell me why it shows this way on the app.

The customer service agents have been rude, uninformed and unable to help. To top off my ...... experience with Amex, I called to have my AA miles number added to a ticket. That process today took me 2 hours!

I opened 3 cards with them this year, plat - business plat and gold. For that annual fee I expected to not be treated like absolute trash.

To make things more miserable, I opened up the business card with 0% apr for the first year. I even took a screen shot of it as I applied. Went to confirm that today and nope, not there. Chat is useless, can’t send images and they will not give out an email address to clear a simple thing up. Told me 6-8 weeks before they give me a decision.

I was with capital one for 8 years and never had to speak to a single agent. Did I just run into bad luck or is this now their business model?

High fees, terrible service and down right lies.

It’s truly amazing anyone suggests using them. I will be transferring my miles somewhere and cancelling all three as soon as I get some benefits from the annual fee as it’s a full time job just to argue with them.
llary and Global Adventurer like this.

Last edited by mia; May 24, 2022 at 12:32 am Reason: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#offensive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.