Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum (USA, Personal only) Digital Entertainment Credit (October 2023, 7 services)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you use your Platinum Card for eligible purchases on:
  • Audible, Removed 10/1/2023
  • Disney+,The Disney Bundle,
  • ESPN+,
  • Hulu,
  • Peacock,
  • SiriusXM, Leaving 5.8.2024
  • The New York Times
  • The Wall Street Journal
when you purchase directly from one or more of the providers

Note that the New York Times bills every 4 weeks, not monthly. This means that there are 13 NYT charges per calendar year.

Print Wikipost

Platinum (USA, Personal only) Digital Entertainment Credit (October 2023, 7 services)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:13 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ck8
Anyone still waiting for the Peacock credit to post? Mine is past 9 days even though the Hulu credit posted days ago which was only 1 day before the Peacock charge.
Did you get this credited yet? I am seeing my Hulu credit not posting after a week and a half. I know it's not that long yet but typically Amex credits either post quickly or else one will have to follow up.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:40 pm
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
I did. It took 11 days.
happychic likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 11:17 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ck8
I did. It took 11 days.
Thank you! It just posted today too after 11 days, post dated to yesterday.

I hope it counts as a credit for March, not April. It should, but with Amex sometimes one never knows.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 2:49 pm

I haven't received any of my credit for the Disney+/Hulu duo bundle since the new year. Was working completely fine until December with credit posting a few days after the charge. I didn't modify my subscription so I'm not sure what changed.

Guess I have to go bother Amex support now.
Old May 6, 2024, 12:15 pm

With no more SXM, kind of at a loss of how to continue using this credit? Used to be able to give it full value, but not sure I can anymore.

I have NYT Games, basic Peacock, and SXM. I guess I can upgrade Peacock. I have Disney and ESPN+ from my cell phone provider.
Old May 6, 2024, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by traveler202
With no more SXM, kind of at a loss of how to continue using this credit? Used to be able to give it full value, but not sure I can anymore.

I have NYT Games, basic Peacock, and SXM. I guess I can upgrade Peacock. I have Disney and ESPN+ from my cell phone provider.
Ad-free Peacock is increasing to $13.99 per month. If you use the service it's a much better experience not to have ads, but I know everyone is different.

I feel bad that I am actually paying $1.00 per week for $52 weeks of New York Times (retention offer) and rarely use it. Like you, I was using the entertainment credit for SiriusXM streaming only ($9 per month for 12 months). Now it feel like my Platinum increased by $100 per year, but I'll still keep it for now. Good Luck.
Old May 6, 2024, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by traveler202

SXM lost 445,000 subscribers already from the first of this year. Between Amex cutting them off and the people who have cut out unnecessary spending, even more subscribers will be lost. I do read the NYT articles, but it's nothing I would miss is I didn't have it.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
SXM lost 445,000 subscribers already from the first of this year. Between Amex cutting them off and the people who have cut out unnecessary spending, even more subscribers will be lost. I do read the NYT articles, but it's nothing I would miss is I didn't have it.
SXM is its own worst enemy. Some of the worst customer service on the planet, coupled with strange decisions on channel allocation, such as moving Met Opera Radio off the air and restricting it to streaming only.

Im not sure who dumped who, but Im overall not happy with Amex constant tweaks which almost always result in a less desirable experience.

Im actually considering canceling the Business Platinum card and switching to the Business Blue (I think) card that offers 2MR/$ on all purchases. The only thing holding me back is the 35% points rebate on air tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.