Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Business Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Tokyo Business Award Availability

I'm looking to take a trip from the US to Tokyo next March with my wife and 8 year old son. I started searching availability in business for March 2022 on ANA and can find quite a few days with 2 open seats, but nothing with 3. Does anyone know if ANA ever opens more than 2 seats when opening their schedule? Any ideas on how I'd be able to get three tickets in business via miles (I'm assuming I'm out of luck but figured I'd ask around first)? If not, does anyone have any other ideas on the best way to get three tickets in business to Tokyo using MR points?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 12:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Could one adult and the child book one flight, and the other adult book the day before/after?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Could one adult and the child book one flight, and the other adult book the day before/after?
We're considering it, but really trying to avoid it if at all possible. Was hoping to find a better alternative if possible. The other thought (however, we don't have enough MR points currently) was to book 2 in business class and try and get the third ticket in first.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:42 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
You’d have to connect through Seoul but I understand Asiana is known for having good premium class availability (historically at least 4 J / 2 F per flight, though I’m not sure if this is still the case). They’re in Star Alliance so should also be bookable with ANA miles.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonei
You’d have to connect through Seoul but I understand Asiana is known for having good premium class availability (historically at least 4 J / 2 F per flight, though I’m not sure if this is still the case). They’re in Star Alliance so should also be bookable with ANA miles.
Thanks, I’ll have to look into that!
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You should also review this thread: ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points
hensleyrob and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by hensleyrob
We're considering it, but really trying to avoid it if at all possible. Was hoping to find a better alternative if possible. The other thought (however, we don't have enough MR points currently) was to book 2 in business class and try and get the third ticket in first.
If you need more points for 1F award many Amex cards let you buy extra points for awards if you need them (IIRC 2.5 cents/point) up to some limit per year based on the card type.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.