Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plastiq for rent no longer eligible spend for SUB?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2021, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Plastiq for rent no longer eligible spend for SUB?

I was just informed via Amex chat that rent payments made via plastiq are not eligible to be included in spend needed to meet SUB requirements. I learned this while asking why my SUB hadn’t posted for my Amex business platinum $15K/100K offer.

This is news to me. I’ve been using plastiq for almost 2 years now for my rent, and I’ve used it to meet SUB requirements for at least 5 Amex cards between myself and my wife. This included Amex business Gold (used plastiq to meet SUB requirements 2 times as recently as the second half of last year), Amex business blue, Amex gold, Amex green).

What I find odd is that it appears I got the points for the Plastiq charge (1x points on the spend), yet they’re not considering it as eligible spend.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 7:23 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I was just informed via Amex chat....
Ask again. I have no opinion about the accuracy of what you were told, but an important skill for customer service representatives is the ability to invent plausible explanations when they do not actually know. You have explained that you cannot reconcile this with your experience. Ask again, perhaps by telephone, on a week day, during normal USA business hours.
Traveler56789 and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.