Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: notquiteaff
American Express Dining Credit Offers 2021
  • Hilton Honors - $5/mo
  • Hilton Honors Surpass - $10/mo
  • Hilton Honors Aspire - $20/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Gold - $10/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Plat - $15/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Reserve - $20/mo
  • Marriott Bonvoy - $10/mo
  • Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant - $20/mo

official Terms and Conditions PDF for all cards from LoyaltyTraveler

Aspire card terms were posted by pointsengineer in post 56. It appears the Surpass terms are identical except for saying Surpass instead of Aspire, $10 instead of $20, and $110 instead of $220.

Print Wikipost

American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2021, 8:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
How did you set that up?
The email comes from Uber <[email protected]>. If it's not in a Spam folder, perhaps you opted out of some type(s) of emails from Uber?
Old Feb 11, 2021, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by friedablass
How did you set that up? I've been getting the $15 Plat credits since its inception but not even once have I gotten such an email.
I don’t recall setting up anything to get those emails. But frankly, I wouldn’t worry about it unless you need a reminder to use the credit. I have never not received the credit, and I have received it since day one of the Uber/Amex plat offer was introduced. Works in my experience like clockwork.
gooselee likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Nathan Drake
Where can you check that you got the uber eats credit? Is it in the Offers section to the amex site?
Make sure your Platinum card is linked in your uber app and the $15 will post automatically on the first of the month and $35 on 12/1.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
Any experience with weekly subscription meal delivery services? We use CookUnity and I'm currently charging it to another card but this would help not loose the monthly credits I am getting on the HH Aspire and MR Bonvoy cards.
What does it code in current card? The service I have is coded as catering, not restaurant. They also do not charge sales tax, since it is not ready to eat food.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by OskiBear
No Kidding - I have about six Amex Offers where I received the email that my purchase triggered the offer, but no credit yet. This is IN ADDITION to the various dining credits that were just introduced where I'm waiting for reimbursements. I wonder if their system is overloaded somehow. At least my monthly $10 GrubHub credit on the Gold card posted.
My credits were posting within a reasonable period for awhile but suddenly stopped. This is the case for both my personal Platinum card as well as my Hilton Aspire card. So I'm going to stop making "offer" purchases until I begin to get the promised credits for purchases already made.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Purchase at a local pizza place last week (paid via in-store swipe) got the email within minutes but credit hasn't posted yet.

I ordered Uber Eats two days ago. No email and no credit yet. It sounds like still nobody has gotten any dining credits, so perhaps they'll fix this when they sweep through to clean up the missing Paypal credits, too?
Old Feb 12, 2021, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
I have an amex plat which we use extensively and a bonvoy (and am a secondary cardmember on a business bonvoy). no restaurant love. we don't use it much, but we do use the bonvoy card for cellphone bills, so it gets *some* use.
anyone else still not seeing the offers?
added a few other offers to the bonvoy to get the total offers under 100. will see if that triggers anything in a few days.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:20 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
When the dining credits start posting, we will read all about it on FT first. 😀
gooselee likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
considering that nobody seems to have received any credit yet ... sounds like just an agent making up stuff. Looks like Amex is having some serious issues in February crediting Sync offers ...
Originally Posted by OskiBear
No Kidding - I have about six Amex Offers where I received the email that my purchase triggered the offer, but no credit yet. This is IN ADDITION to the various dining credits that were just introduced where I'm waiting for reimbursements. I wonder if their system is overloaded somehow. At least my monthly $10 GrubHub credit on the Gold card posted.
Yep I'm waiting for this one too and it's taking a place in line with all the other credits I'm waiting for from AMEX right now....
Old Feb 12, 2021, 6:25 pm
DC9

My Aspire dining credit offer includes this statement:

“Please allow 8-12 weeks after an eligible purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account”.

So, 8-12 weeks, and not a few days, regardless of past experience. Of course, maybe some other card offers are stating to allow for a week or two for the credits, so naturally there would be disappointment there.

Last edited by DC9; Feb 12, 2021 at 6:37 pm
Old Feb 12, 2021, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Clearly Amex is better at taking money from cardholders than at giving it out.
SPN Lifer, gooselee and Duke787 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DC9
My Aspire dining credit offer includes this statement:

“Please allow 8-12 weeks after an eligible purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account”.

So, 8-12 weeks, and not a few days, regardless of past experience. Of course, maybe some other card offers are stating to allow for a week or two for the credits, so naturally there would be disappointment there.
It just makes no sense -- unless they are auditing all charges because they are being stingy (sorry I mean "worried about fraud" ) this should be incredibly easy to automate (nightly batch processing to match account charges to sync offers and apply the credit) and then periodic, random audits to ensure there's no major issues with the automation.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Clearly Amex is better at taking money from cardholders than at giving it out.
Yes I believe this is generally their goal as a business.
ijgordon and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:52 pm
DC9

If the T+C provided for credits within 5 days, then I wouldn’t be happy with waiting longer.

However, my offer stated 8-12 weeks, so I don’t see any point in complaining if I’m still waiting after 2 weeks, or so.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
Yes I believe this is generally their goal as a business.
If I were running their business, I’d wait as long as possible as described in the T&Cs to process the rebate. That maximizes their float and turns into a lot of additional interest earned for the company when multiplied by tens or hundreds of thousands of users per offer.
SPN Lifer, gooselee and DC9 like this.

Last edited by mattp1987; Feb 12, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.