Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slowness with Statement Credits - anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2020, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Slowness with Statement Credits - anyone else?

For both AMEX Offers and the special/temporary COVID benefits - I guess their standard language says 2 weeks (or within 90 days) but I've gotten used to seeing them show pretty quickly after the charge posts.

Few data points:
* AMEX Biz Gold - AT&T Business Offer - Charge posted 9/20 - "Savings" tab says I redeemed on 9/20 - not seeing the credit on activity
* AMEX Platinum (Schwab) - Streaming Credit - Spotify posted on 9/27 - not seeing the credit on activity
* Used AMEX Gold with Apple Pay last night but didn't get the email that I used the AMEX Offer

Guess it just seems like a deviation from the norm - to me - but still well within their allowable range

Maybe - Could this be semi-related to AMEX approval process (or a wider system issue): https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...ayed-3-5-days/ ?

Anyone else seeing anything odd this month?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the T&Cs, some credits post long (up to 12 weeks) after the relevant charges.

For my Plat charge card COVID-19 credits, I have a bill that posts right around my statement closing date and I sometimes see two credits in one month and other times no credit that month. It's hard to track that I'm getting as many credits as I should.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Mine have typically turned around within a few days, and have been rather orderly. I've been mostly pleased with the ease of use. My only complaint is really a billing issue with Apple that makes it not as easy as I would like to switch my recurring bills between the Amex Platinum Card and my Apple Card. I'd love to use the Amex up to the credits and then switch to Apple Card to get 3% cashback at that point in the month. I often don't make the switch quick enough.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:37 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I had noticed in the past few days that my Amex Platinum cell phone monthly credit seems to be a day or two late (and counting) relative to how it has posted in past months, so there may be something going on.
lax01 and Global Adventurer like this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
The only delay I've noticed is on a Starbucks AMEX offer. The $5 savings is noted in the "Savings" tab but I haven't actually received the credit going on a month now.
lax01 and Global Adventurer like this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: American Airlines, Delta, United, Southwest
I have the $10 credit for $100 on Amazon offer. I added $100 to my Amazon account and got the $10 credit in 2 days. Than the following week I repeated the process (credit is good twice). 6 days and counting and no credit. Glad to hear it likely is a system delay rather than Amex deciding I'm gaming the system too much.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:43 am
Original Poster

And I got my statement credits today - never seen it take 9 days to post but guess its not that odd
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:21 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by bgriff
I had noticed in the past few days that my Amex Platinum cell phone monthly credit seems to be a day or two late (and counting) relative to how it has posted in past months, so there may be something going on.
And now it posted, as well as an Amex Offer that seemed a bit later than expected. So who knows what was going on there but ultimately all seems in order.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:52 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Same thing here- my Dell credit finally posted today, a bit more than a week and a half after the charge posted to my account. Since other people were reporting posting in about two days, I was starting to wonder if there was a glitch.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:36 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
As a follow up, it seems like this issue is still ongoing. I had a Hertz purchase that would have triggered an offer on 10/3 but didn't receive the e-mail saying I had redeemed it until four days later vs right away as is usually the case. When I go into my account, the offer hasn't shown as redeemed yet (and of course no statement credit has posted yet).
Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:37 pm

Been 2 weeks since my Doordash transaction ($10 credit) and I'm still waiting. First time I've had to wait this long for a credit to post.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Waiting on two offers from late September....even after chatting with an AMEX CSR who promised to escalate the issues.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 5:37 pm

Mint mobile transaction posted on 10/3, happycards transaction posted on 10/4. both still no credit yet.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I posted this elsewhere, but yes, many credits are running two weeks behind. And many of the offers you won't even receive an email notice that you've used it, but regardless the credit will take about two weeks.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
My COVID credits have posted in just a couple of days. I had a $10 credit from an offer post in about a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.