Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Extended Warranty When Cell Phone Bought on Payment Plan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2020, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

I just bought a cell phone from T-mobile with monthly payments for the first time - I have always paid cash in the past. I selected the monthly payment option in order to get a promotion.

The only thing I paid up front with my Amex Platinum was the sales tax, The cost of the phone will be amortized over 24 months.

Does this mean I get no Amex extended warranty? If I pay off the full balance on the phone immediately, will I then get the warranty?

Last edited by BigFlyer; Jul 1, 2020 at 2:40 pm
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
For items purchased under installment billing plans,
We will pay the amount that has been billed up to the date of Loss. Once the remaining balance has been paid or fulfilled by You, We will pay the remaining balance to You.
Read more here:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...nty-terms.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.