Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Reward Points Clawback Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

AMEX Reward Points Clawback Question

I logged in to my account today and saw I only had around 600K points. I could have sworn I had 800K+. I could be be confusing that number of 800K in combined points with my wife’s a count. Possible senior moment here...

I reviewed the last twelve months points activity online and see no large redemption/forfeiture. If AMEX did a clawback of points would I see that on the website? Or do they just vanish from the account?

What do you guys use to help keep track of all your points for credit cards, hotels, airlines?

Thanks
TD
Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
To begin, why would AMEX have to clawback 200K+ MR?

In other word, when you believe AMEX's clawback, there must be something you have done to contribute that.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
To begin, why would AMEX have to clawback 200K+ MR? In other word, when you believe AMEX's clawback, there must be something you have done to contribute that.
The only thing that could be an issue were due to hotel/air cancellations because of Covid. I don’t think it is the case, but possibly, that those refunds affected a minimum spend bonus. But I would assume I would see that deduction online? I do some GC purchases at grocery stores, but not to any excess. In short, I don’t abuse the system.

I presume I am just wrong about my total, but was curious if AMEX pulls back points (for whatever reason) that it will show on the site or do they just vanish?

TD
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
.....If AMEX did a clawback of points would I see that on the website?
Yes.

Go to membershipreward.com
Login
Click: Points Summary
Click: Show All Filters
This allows you to see Adjusted and Forfeited points, but note that you can only see one month at a time.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Yes.

Go to membershipreward.com
Login
Click: Points Summary
Click: Show All Filters
This allows you to see Adjusted and Forfeited points, but note that you can only see one month at a time.
OK. Must have been ALZ kicking in. I looked under those categories and see no deductions. Went back a year.

Thanks
TD
Old Jun 25, 2020, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I don’t think it is the case, but possibly, that those refunds affected a minimum spend bonus.
Then have you recently applied for any new cards and get approved?

I do some GC purchases at grocery stores, but not to any excess. In short, I don’t abuse the system.
I don't want to comment something that is controversial in nature. But this is a key.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: HHonors Gold BAEC Avios Marriott Gold
To answer the second part, AwardWallet keeps track of points for airlines, hotels etc.
mia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.