Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum CANADA - Travel/ airline booking 3x or 5x?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan

Hey guys, trying to figure out what the earning rate is for Canadian Amex Platinum holders that make airline booking directly or through the amex travel website. I see references on websites mentioning 5x for platinum holders but they are mostly for the US market it seems. I made a booking through Air Canada and only say the 2x from the base and (another 2x with the promotion going on). Is something wrong here ? I called Amex and they said if a booking is made through Amex travel only it's 3x for travel. Can some please share details for Canadian platinum holders for what they see and do for bookings.

Thank you
Old Jun 20, 2020, 10:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by darshanpatelh
.... websites mentioning 5x for platinum holders but they are mostly for the US market....
Welcome to Flyertalk. American Express issues cards in scores of countries, with different prices, benefits and rewards in each market.

Canadian Platinum Card features are here: https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...platinum-card/
Explore the world and earn 2X the points on travel3
No matter your destination, you can earn 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases on eligible travel3
See footnote 3 (below) for details.

There is an additional bonus point if booking through Amex Travel Canada:

Additional Membership Rewards® point Offer
Basic Cardmembers enrolled in the American Express Membership Rewards® Program that book travel through the American Express Travel website will earn one additional bonus Membership Rewards point for every dollar charged to their eligible card for hotel and car rental bookings (less credits and adjustments) where American Express Travel (not the hotel or car rental company) is the merchant. The number of bonus Membership Rewards points is calculated by multiplying each eligible transaction by one subject to rounding. Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Program apply.

Membership Rewards points will be earned by the Basic Cardmember on the amount of all purchases, less credits and adjustments. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points.

Eligible Cards include: The American Express® Card, American Express® Gold Rewards Card, Platinum Card®, Centurion® Card, American Express CobaltTM Card, Choice Card from American ExpressTM, American Express Business EdgeTM Card, The Business Platinum CardTM from American Express, American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card, American Express® Corporate Card, American Express® Corporate Gold Card, American Express® Corporate Platinum Card, and the Platinum Credit Card.

Last edited by mia; Jun 20, 2020 at 10:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.