Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:03 am

I’d try a paper letter to Amex with whatever documentation you have.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tanic
Buying GCs from samsclub dot com has been nothing short of a total s..t show. I've spent hours contacting sams only to find it took them over a month to finally ship it out. And then another ordeal getting the GCs activated. Not worth the trouble.
Oh I remember those ordeals from a few years ago and have not taken any Sam's offers since. But the latest DPs on this thread changed my mind...

Cards now come pre-activated. Can be good (for convenience), can be bad (when cards are stolen).

Last week I was lucky to have the envelope in 3 days, UPS ground. This week is indeed quite a saga.

So the UPS Next Day Air is a failure when comparing to the last week's UPS Ground.

First of all Sam's did not give UPS the envelope on the day UPS received the shipping label info, until the next evening - this already made it the same estimated 3 days delivery time as the UPS Ground last week (Ordered on Mon, arrived 10:30am Wed, UPS Ground).

Got a UPS update this morning - it said the delivery attempt was failed, said customer not at home, 9:31am. That is not true. Nobody ever rings the bell or knocks on the door. (Last week's UPS guy knocked instead of rang.) The details said Out to Delivery at 7:41am from the UPS depot in no more than 15 min away). There is no the usual Delivery Attempt Failed little chit either in the mail room at the condo lobby or outside the lobby door. Usually when UPS fails to delivery the delivery guy would put up a chit somewhere. None to be found.

Delivery is then shown being redirected to a "UPS Access Point" in the neighborhood (tomorrow), for customer pick up there.

Googled the location which is actually not far, right next to a USPS office - BUT, the scanty reviews were all bad about this location. Someone said his package was opened and some items missing but the owner of the Access Point told him the package arrived that way... kind of suspicious one would think, how would the Access Point take drop off of a damaged UPS package?

Because it is just a bubbled envelope with a pre-activated gift card, I dont feel comfortable to have it redirected to an "Access Point". I want the package delivered to home instead there.

Called UPS and the robot is hard to beat when you need a real human... Eventually got a rep at overseas call center to change the delivery back to Original Address, my home, to be delivered tomorrow est End of the Day (the UPS ground delivery schedule).
Let's hope the 2nd attempt to deliver would be successful, IF the delivery guy actually comes!

Honestly I am not sure UPS delivery is any better than the USPS delivery - one would think UPS delivery is better but then it all depends on the delivery guy's work!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by a_salazar08
Update.... The order on sams still says "in progress" and the charge has dropped off completely because they have still not closed out the order. I have a help ticket open but Everytime I check on it, they just say that it's being worked.

At this point, it's not going to be in time for the promo but I just want it closed to balance my budget account!! I'll pay my stupid $40 and move on with my life ��
You did get a working $40 GC, right? Just that Sam's still has not billed the amount due to the "work" caused by the replacement card, correct?

The offer still has 2 weeks to expire. The charge may show up before that.

Should the charge shows up after Jan 31st, if you have kept the screen shot of the original order status, i.e. shipped and arrived, as well as the initial pending charge screen shot - then when and if the $40 finally posted, you could give AMEX a call, talk to a supervisor to explain what has happened and why the transaction posted so late, most likely AMEX would do a manual adjustment. For such a small credit the supervisors are capable to take care the issues without much fuss.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 15, 2020 at 10:25 am
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Happy
Delivery is then shown being redirected to a "UPS Access Point" in the neighborhood (tomorrow), for customer pick up there.!
I find it worth a few $ to subscribe to UPS My Choice Premium when it is on sale (which I haven't seen lately). You can stop all redirects to USPS and Access Points among its services.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
1/13: I did the Sams Club new membership on 1/13 midday using a referral link from a friend. Also purchased $30 GC online that day. Both showed up as samsclub on pending. Now that I know this works, going to refer my son since he also has the amex offer.

1/15: The $45 membership charge has moved to posted and changed to Sams Club New Membership. No credit yet. $30 charge is still samsclub and pending. Never got any "used offer" emails and the offers are still showing as active (not "redeemed") on my account.

Also today my GCs are set to be delivered via UPS (got the UPS notification). I'll update when the credit(s) post.

1/16 (update): $25 credit for new membership posted. Still waiting on the $15 credit for $30.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jan 17, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find it worth a few $ to subscribe to UPS My Choice Premium when it is on sale (which I haven't seen lately). You can stop all redirects to USPS and Access Points among its services.
UPS My Choice forced me to agree on a new T&Cs this morning. Then the confirmation of Acceptance came with a code for save $10 to renew UPS My Choice Premium - which I dont even have.

The Access Point it originally redirects to, is a store right next to a USPS station. Distance from isn't bad, may be 2 miles one way. It is the few reviews scare me about how secured the UPS packages could be when being delivered over there.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
The details of the offer just say:

Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $750 + in one or more transactions in-store at Salvatore Ferragamo or online at ferragamo.com by 1/15/2020. See terms for exclusions.

The full terms say nothing about any expiration date, transaction date, or posting date. They actually don't reference the expiration at all.

Does this mean that I'm good (since the transaction was 1/11) even if it posts after 1/15? The terms are honestly not clear on this point.
Sigh...

4 days after they shipped the stuff, the pending charge had fallen off (without ever posting). The offer is now expired. I have a feeling that this is not going to end well.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UPS My Choice forced me to agree on a new T&Cs this morning. Then the confirmation of Acceptance came with a code for save $10 to renew UPS My Choice Premium - which I dont even have.

The Access Point it originally redirects to, is a store right next to a USPS station. Distance from isn't bad, may be 2 miles one way. It is the few reviews scare me about how secured the UPS packages could be when being delivered over there.
UPS delivery is insane!

So the re-delivery started this morning, seemed to go as expected, and I was expecting the package would arrived by 10:30am as indicated. That is UNTIL a 9:43am update claim "The apartment number is either missing or incorrect. This may delay delivery. We're attempting to update the address."

Say what?! It is the same address to a Condo Unit that yesterday's delivery guy claimed he had made a first attempt and the customer was not at home. (not true).

Now today's delivery guy claimed the Apartment number is missing or incorrect ?! He most likely is NOT able to read the instruction on how to use the Security Intercom next to the secured Lobby Entrance. No apartment number is listed on the instruction, just a unique code by the Name of the Resident, for security reason - the unit number is NOT out in the open for everyone to see...

Several years ago one UPS delivery guy made the identical mistake by not recognize the InterCom panel goes by Resident's name (that means the receiver's name IS on the panel!). I eventually talked to a supervisor of the UPS depot to sort this out. Today's delivery guy must not be a regular employee because we have UPS truck in our complex literally on a daily basis. Every guy knows how to access the units. But now I cannot even get a US based rep!

With this kind of delivery service, I am not sure UPS My Choice Premium would do any better!
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:44 am

Does adding funds to UberCash balance trigger the $5 back on $15 spend offer? Asking because UberEats seems to be pretty well integrated into the Uber app and adding to the UberCash balance in the past did trigger general Uber offers.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Buying GCs from samsclub dot com has been nothing short of a total s..t show. I've spent hours contacting sams only to find it took them over a month to finally ship it out. And then another ordeal getting the GCs activated. Not worth the trouble.
Oh I remember those ordeals from a few years ago and have not taken any Sam's offers since. But the latest DPs on this thread changed my mind...

Cards now come pre-activated. Can be good (for convenience), can be bad (when cards are stolen).
Just chiming in that I had a sh*t show of an experience with a $100 GC (not an Amex offer, just needed the GC) in 2017. They shipped an empty card that wouldn't activate, then along the way it became "No that was active but you spent it." Promises of eGift replacements never materialized, promises of additional credit for the inconvenience never materialized. I finally had to do a Chargeback with Discover (who sided with me) and cancelled my Sams membership over the fiasco. A few months after that I got a call from some executive office apologizing and telling me "Your gift card has been fixed!" but I ignored them. That GC belonged to Discover after the chargeback as far as I was concerned.

Gotta say though, for $15 off $30 I threw caution to the wind and this time they came pre-activated and without issue according to the website, but I haven't spent them at Walmart yet.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gig103
Just chiming in that I had a sh*t show of an experience with a $100 GC (not an Amex offer, just needed the GC) in 2017. They shipped an empty card that wouldn't activate, then along the way it became "No that was active but you spent it." Promises of eGift replacements never materialized, promises of additional credit for the inconvenience never materialized. I finally had to do a Chargeback with Discover (who sided with me) and cancelled my Sams membership over the fiasco. A few months after that I got a call from some executive office apologizing and telling me "Your gift card has been fixed!" but I ignored them. That GC belonged to Discover after the chargeback as far as I was concerned.

Gotta say though, for $15 off $30 I threw caution to the wind and this time they came pre-activated and without issue according to the website, but I haven't spent them at Walmart yet.
Up thread a poster said his card was not usable but at Sam's they gave him a working GC on the spot - however that has caused the shipment status stuck at In Process and still being "worked on". As a result the pending charge dropped from the card due to 10 days have passed but still no billing!

My first order the charge was posted 3 days after the card arrived. Thankfully the card is a good card when I bought a kitchen gadget on Tuesday.
The second order thru my husband's card, now has the envelope moving around in local UPS delivery system, despite it is a UPS Next Day Air from Mon! Finally got a local person called me that the driver was unable to re-deliver today but I could go to UPS customer service center to pick it up between 7 to 8pm. Despite on Google it said the place closed at 5pm, the woman who called insisted there would be someone there taking care of pick up between 7 to 8pm.
The customer center is 4.4 miles one way, but I would go there this evening instead of going thru yet another re-delivery run around tomorrow!

Right on the review the latest one from one month ago, had similar issue about "incorrect address" as the first para quoted below -

<<Least professional experience I’ve had in a very long time. Package was due to be delivered on a Thursday but ends up being delayed due to “incorrect address” because I didn’t include a suite or apartment number. Thing is, the address is correct and we clearly live in a single family house. >>

Looks like this local UPS facility has had some very incompetent truck drivers who are either lazy or have no clue on how an address should be! Actually upon reading more reviews - the "Incomplete / Incorrect address is a TACTIC being used to force customers to pick up the packages instead of them to deliver such!

Last edited by Happy; Jan 16, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:57 pm

I have the Hilton Surpass card, and I've been noticing FAR fewer Hilton hotel offers over the past six months or so. You used to have active offers at virtually all times for multiple Hilton brands in the U.S., but now I'm pretty much only seeing one at a time. Yet there are always foreign offers for Hilton UK, Mexico, or whatever.

Has anyone else noticed this? I complained to AMEX a couple weeks ago and they gave me 3,000 extra points, but this makes me less happy with the card. I used to reliably get $30 or $60 or $100 off most stays, but not anymore.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
I love how AMEX seems not to give Hilton Offers on the one the Hilton co-branded cards, so I have to choose the offer for my other AMEX card(s) or the 14x earnings on my Aspire. Coincidence? I think not.

Safe Travels
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:32 pm

AMEX isn’t giving you the offer. The vendor is. And it certainly makes sense that Hilton thinks the offer is more likely to generate incremental revenue from customers who aren’t already loyal.
Points Scrounger, GTITAN and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Colin
AMEX isn’t giving you the offer. The vendor is. And it certainly makes sense that Hilton thinks the offer is more likely to generate incremental revenue from customers who aren’t already loyal.
I did not say I did not understand it. LOL Merely, I wish I got the better end of it.

Safe Travels
Steve in Olympia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.