Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by tr3k
I am seeing 15000 points (which is quite nice) - is there anything one could buy from them that is refundable (or cash-eable)?
If you have a trip booked, you could buy onboard credit. It is my understanding that those re refundable if you don't spend it. To avoid a clawback maybe use a different car for your onboard account at check-in.

Or put it down as a refundable deposit on something in 2023 and change to a different cruise you find later.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
If you have a trip booked, you could buy onboard credit. It is my understanding that those re refundable if you don't spend it. To avoid a clawback maybe use a different car for your onboard account at check-in.

Or put it down as a refundable deposit on something in 2023 and change to a different cruise you find later.
:/ Well, not really planning a cruise. So probably a no-go. Would sure like the points, though
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Celebrity also has 15000 / $500 offer too. Also this is a ONE transaction to reach threshold versus Carnival brands One or More transactions to reach threshold.

This has been available for quite some time together with $500/$1500 Royal Caribbean and $400/$1500 Carnival world cruises brands that includes all their North America brands incl Cunard and Seaborne on top of the mass market Princess and Holland America, as well as of course, Carnival itself. We used 2 Royal offers and 1 Princess already.

In fact the cruise line offers are not standard - in our household the Royal Caribbean offers have $500/$1500 and $350/$1000. I have seen someone has a $200/$500 Carnival brands offer!

There are a $125/$500 and 12500 / $500 on NCL as well as 25000 on $800 Oceania, plus 40K/$1500 Silver Sea. and a 5pt per $ spend on Region 7 seas in case anyone is interested. All cruise lines offers been around at least a month by now.
I just happen to see on my card. I load all the cruise offers. I don't keep track of them. But, if I ever need to use them I have them. Not a good time to be cruising (at least for me).
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Haven't seen discussion here, but Doctor of Credit is reporting that AMEX sent out some mistake offers, for example "Spend $3000 get $5500" instead of "Spend $3000 get 5500 MR" and is actually paying out. People posting screenshots of $10k+ credits. Let's see how AMEX gets out of this one.
hhdl likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by jags86
Haven't seen discussion here...
I'm guessing nobody here received the "Typo Offers".
Originally Posted by jags86
People posting screenshots of $10k+ credits.
Where did you see the posted credits?
Happy likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I'm guessing nobody here received the "Typo Offers".

Where did you see the posted credits?
https://dannydealguru.com/crazy-mist...or-9000-spend/
https://imgur.com/a/gVbZo04

Here are two examples
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I just happen to see on my card. I load all the cruise offers. I don't keep track of them. But, if I ever need to use them I have them. Not a good time to be cruising (at least for me).
Actually I think on a cruise ship it is a MUCH safer environment than on land whether in US or Europe if you are worrying about Covid.

We just returned from b2b total 14 days Caribbean cruises on Royal Caribbean's brand new Odyssey. All guests 12 and up need to be fully vaccinated, AND a negative test result no early than 2 days before sailing. They checked those records meticulously. They issued wrist bands to vaccinated passengers as easy identification. They do check that at venue entrance.

We the B2B folks had to take another test the day before our turn around day at Port Everglades. We then are issued new wrist bands for the new cruise.

All crews not only are required to be fully vaccinated, they are also required to quarantine for X days when they first go onboard. They are NOT allowed to get off at any port except Royal's own private island Coco Cay. Some Caribbean Islands do NOT allow independent passengers to get off ship - if you want to get off at those islands you have to join a ship tour (the travel bubble).

At main restaurants there are hand washing facilities at the entrance as well as the hand sanitizer stand as usual. There is always a crew to make sure everyone does the hand washing. Water is turned to the very warm temperature bordering to be hot for a purpose,

Room attendants sanitize the door knobs 2 times a day from what I observe, and they sanitize the room in the morning housekeeping.

Royal Caribbean requires masks in all indoor spaces except your stateroom because they have many kids under 5. They struggle to reach the 95% vaccinated guests per CDC guideline to not require masking. But they also set up venues that are only opened to vaccinated guests, or in the main theature non vaccinated guests sit on the balcony floor where masking is a must. Downstairs are vaccinated guests only,

Captain said Celebrity has very high vaccinated guest ratio as in 97 to 98% because they have far far less families onboard. So they do not mandate masks onboard. Celebrity already announced effective Feb 1st guests above 5 are required to be fully vaccinated.

Look at people around us, even within our extended families, there are enough antivaxxers all around us that makes me nervous, even we have gotten the boosters but a couple months have since passed...

We have booked Sky Princess TATL to Southampton in March. I hope by late January the next shoe from Omicron will come down - as of now from South Africa data, Guetang province already has peaked in the infection rate. On top of that, the hospitalization rate is a lot less than Delta.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Actually I think on a cruise ship it is a MUCH safer environment than on land whether in US or Europe if you are worrying about Covid.
Any yet: Royal Caribbean ship docks at Miami port with 48 cases of COVID,

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/bus...#storylink=cpy
renila, beltway, blitzen and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Most of those crew vaccinations are Sinovac, I understand, which is generally regarded as the least effective vaccine (and especially ineffective against the more recent variants).

Disclosure: I have from time to time recently considered being short RCL via puts.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Any yet: Royal Caribbean ship docks at Miami port with 48 cases of COVID,

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/bus...#storylink=cpy
The ship has over 6,091 souls or more heads on board (passengers and crews) - that is a <1% rate, nothing out of the ordinary. Besides, it is precisely the ship does frequent mandatory testing the new cases are discovered quickly and quarantines followed. Can't say the same as on land. At least that is what is practiced on our ship Odyssey of the Sea.

I also think whether you have taken the 3rd shot or not, and how long ago you have your 2nd shot if you haven;t taken the 3rd one, make HUGE difference on whether you are "protected"

A few days ago Dr.Ding from Harvard was on MSNBC? said he feels that calling the much needed 3rd shot a booster would cause confusion in the public who might think this is optional while the 3rd dose is now a necessity. He went on to say the definition of fully vaccinated should be after 3rd dose (much like what the France is treating their 50+ people) He also said we need KN95... I think we all know what we should do and what is our risk tolerance level. We have been taking daily supplements since March of 2020, wearing double masks whenever we are out in the public, until finally become vaccinated. Then we wear single mask instead but when Delta started surging in June we returned to double masking and have been so since. We continue daily supplement regime which incidentally, is almost identical as our family doctor's except the dosages. It really is up to each individual to decide how to tackle the Pandemic and still have a life.

You have to take the news in perspective with intelligence other than being swayed by the sensationalism reporting.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 20, 2021 at 3:26 pm
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hhdl
Most of those crew vaccinations are Sinovac, I understand, which is generally regarded as the least effective vaccine (and especially ineffective against the more recent variants).

Disclosure: I have from time to time recently considered being short RCL via puts.
You should short it when it climbed to the $90's. Right now they are just in a trading range largely influenced by the news.

That said, I dont see them make any profit in near term, not even break even - with the extra costs brought by Covid and unable to sail in full capacity. They are just making enough to help the fixed costs which no matter they take on paying passengers they would incur. in order to maintain the ships in good shape.
hhdl likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
You should short it when it climbed to the $90's. Right now they are just in a trading range largely influenced by the news.

That said, I dont see them make any profit in near term, not even break even - with the extra costs brought by Covid and unable to sail in full capacity. They are just making enough to help the fixed costs which no matter they take on paying passengers they would incur. in order to maintain the ships in good shape.
Hey! Let’s get back on topic - if cruise and Covid need to be discussed it should be done somewhere else
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Any data points on delta gift cards for the delta offers?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
To answer my own question, spent 300$ on delta website for ecard got the Amex offer email right away
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
For others:
https://slickdeals.net/f/15332326-ym...00?v=1&page=19

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.