Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have 20% back at Kroger, up to $40, on my Gold.
MaxVO and Global Adventurer like this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
LOTS of new offers! Check your cards.
Worthless coupon book continues! Don't think I have found one of these recent offers enticing! And/or they getting better at targeted my cards that don't get that much use
Old Nov 1, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
For the Delta Vacations packages, can you put the first $1000 on the card and then use miles to pay for the rest? And can you use a non-AmEx coupon code or discount to stack with the offer?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jon512
Added the Amazon +5 points bonus to my card, up to 2,500 points (which comes out to $500 purchase limit).

10/26/21 - Balance Reload, purchased an amount that went into my amzn account as credit
10/28/21 - 1x regular points per dollar appeared on my Rewards Points Summary for that purchase
10/30/21 - 5x bonus points per dollar appeared on my Rewards Points Summary for that purchase
Did you get an email saying you'd redeemed the offer?

Edit: okay I got an email. It took about an hour to show up after I did the balance reload.

Last edited by Polytonic; Nov 1, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Zorak
Sweet, I'm also in the middle of a rental >$200, fingers crossed.

Yep! A sampling:

Delta Vacations spend $1k+ get $200 up to 3x (total of $600)
Best Buy spend $250 get $25
Park N Fly spend $75 get $15
Norwegian Cruise Line: I had two flavors across multiple cards, spend $500+ get 12,500 MR and spend $500, get $125 back
Damn it! I got all of the offers that you had listed except for Delta, and another guy got Kroger, but none for me either.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse
For the Delta Vacations packages, can you put the first $1000 on the card and then use miles to pay for the rest? And can you use a non-AmEx coupon code or discount to stack with the offer?
Read the terms and conditions. I know it stated you can't use Delta Airlines discounts of some sort.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:42 am

Spend $500 get $75 at Microsoft Store, showed up on gold and plat.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:17 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Based on how these things usually work, I would suspect you can, but I can't guarantee it. I don't see anything in the T&Cs that would specifically preclude it, and the fact that the T&Cs reference paying a deposit + balance suggest to me that partial payments should register. And on top of that, any discount codes you apply directly through the merchant almost never affect Amex Offer applicability.

There are usually plentiful Delta Vacations discount codes available, including those for SkyMiles members and elites and for employees of companies that have a Delta corporate contract, so I would certainly try to use one of those if I were going to use this offer.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Via email, not in Amex offers, but on my Asprire card have an offer of a free night for $8k spend by 2/28.

Was able to use the link to access something similar on my wife's Aspire (no email for her).

Here's the URL that worked for me (via logging in).

https://global.americanexpress.com/e...&om_mid=111788

I have 8 days coming up in a Walfdorf, 3 nights on points, but haven't used my resort credit yet, so that will be sweet to have it count towards the spend and get the rebate.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by beachfan
Via email, not in Amex offers, but on my Asprire card have an offer of a free night for $8k spend by 2/28.

Was able to use the link to access something similar on my wife's Aspire (no email for her).

Here's the URL that worked for me (via logging in).

https://global.americanexpress.com/e...&om_mid=111788

I have 8 days coming up in a Walfdorf, 3 nights on points, but haven't used my resort credit yet, so that will be sweet to have it count towards the spend and get the rebate.
Thanks it worked. Great offer
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Thanks it worked. Great offer
Agreed. Received the email, and signed up. Great for the free night anywhere.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Got the AmEx Hilton free night offer on my no annual fee card via email so it seems pretty broadly based
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When it says in one or more transactions, it means as long as the total adds up to the threshold amount it would qualify for the offer, right?

I have not used multiple transactions to reach total amount type offers before so want to make sure my understanding is correct.

This what the Royal Caribbeans offer reads -

Details

Get a one-time $350 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more transactions on reservations booked at royalcaribbean.com, by phone at 1-866-562-7625 or by contacting your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2021. See terms for exclusions.

The cruise we would book is a tad short of the $1000 threshold. I am thinking about to add prepaid gratuity to the booking. Though I think Royal charges the prepaid gratuity separately so it would be multiple transactions. Since onboard purchases do not quality, only amount(s) paid at reservation time would work, my guess is Prepaid Gratuity or Prepaid shipboard activities would be the only ways.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 3, 2021 at 9:36 am
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Happy
When it says in one or more transactions, it means as long as the total adds up to the threshold amount it would qualify for the offer, right?
Correct.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by beachfan

No email so far, but link (from DoC in my case) worked for me (login method). Estimated taxes for Q4 and Q1 would take care of the spend (though I will look at shifting some spend to the card that doesn’t come with “convenience” fees).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.