Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:17 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
DETAILS

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $400 in one or more transactions for Delta operated flights booked online at AmexTravel.com by 8/31/2021. See terms for exclusions.

Changes to your ticket, may incur any difference in fare and a non-refundable American Express fee per ticket of up to US$59. If you cancel your airline tickets through an American Express Travel Consultant via phone, you may incur a non-refundable American Express fee per ticket of up to US$59.

Hey folks, I got this Delta offer on my AMEX PLAT and I was going to do it as it sounded like a great deal.
But when you read the fine print when booking at amextravel.com you see that there are so many fees (even if you buy a full fare refundable ticket)
- 59 AMEX fee for changes
- 59 AMEX fee for cancelling a ticket

Why would one book a ticket with AMEX when the third party travel agency will fleece you on top of what the airline might take?
Do people know is this just a phone fee? I dont have enough experience with amextravel.com. This credit is encouraging folks to try it but it comes with so many strings if your plans change.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by mrkymark
DETAILS

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $400 in one or more transactions for Delta operated flights booked online at AmexTravel.com by 8/31/2021. See terms for exclusions.

Changes to your ticket, may incur any difference in fare and a non-refundable American Express fee per ticket of up to US$59. If you cancel your airline tickets through an American Express Travel Consultant via phone, you may incur a non-refundable American Express fee per ticket of up to US$59.

Hey folks, I got this Delta offer on my AMEX PLAT and I was going to do it as it sounded like a great deal.
But when you read the fine print when booking at amextravel.com you see that there are so many fees (even if you buy a full fare refundable ticket)
- 59 AMEX fee for changes
- 59 AMEX fee for cancelling a ticket

Why would one book a ticket with AMEX when the third party travel agency will fleece you on top of what the airline might take?
Do people know is this just a phone fee? I dont have enough experience with amextravel.com. This credit is encouraging folks to try it but it comes with so many strings if your plans change.
Might want to check out this post and the link within.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33342403-post39.html
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
So far, it hasn't worked for me, even in Mexico unless it includes the Caribbean/Mexico, etc. Hasn't worked in other countries either. That even goes for various restaurant chains. I've tried a variety, including retail chains. Just doesn't work.

Back before I even read the terms and conditions, I used to think it would work and no it didn't. So, I don't even try after I read the T&Cs.
For the offers where Mexico/Caribbean ARE included in the T&Cs you've had no issues though, correct? Planning to use my offer soon at a stay in Mexico and hoping it goes through with no issues. (The T&Cs for the latest couple Bonvoy offers do include Mex.)
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Got the use Apple Play 3x get $10 back on my AMEX EveryDay. Easy $10 -- no minimum spend on the 3x Apple Pay charges
Old Aug 18, 2021, 1:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

There was an ApplePay 3 times for $10 back on a Surpass, but it was listed under dining (with no listing under shopping). The terms did not say dining only, so I assume it's okay to use it anywhere, but why wouldn't it have been listed under shopping?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:06 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Has anyone gotten the US open offers to work?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
For the offers where Mexico/Caribbean ARE included in the T&Cs you've had no issues though, correct? Planning to use my offer soon at a stay in Mexico and hoping it goes through with no issues. (The T&Cs for the latest couple Bonvoy offers do include Mex.)
Yes, it works in Mexico as long as it's included. I was talking about the USA and USA Territories clause ones, because they only work in the US. You'll have no problems. I wish those offers worked internationally, like in any country.
gooselee likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by serpens
There was an ApplePay 3 times for $10 back on a Surpass, but it was listed under dining (with no listing under shopping). The terms did not say dining only, so I assume it's okay to use it anywhere, but why wouldn't it have been listed under shopping?
Seems like it would be under shopping. As long as the T&C don't say it's limited to dining you should be fine.

I looked under my Aspire for dining as well as my three other Am Ex cards and nada for apple pay I wonder if you can double dip with the dining credit on the Hilton cards if you use Apple Pay for $20 in dining.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
[...] I wonder if you can double dip with the dining credit on the Hilton cards if you use Apple Pay for $20 in dining.
My assumption, and that's all it is, is yes. I'm hoping for a double-dip for three ApplePay charges at a grocery store with a total of $75+ spend (including a non-ApplePay charge). As far as I can tell, the terms allow it.

I would try it for dining, but I already used the August dining credit and the ApplePay offer expires at the end of this month.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
after a few days my marriott offer disappeared
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
you added it and then it disappeared that's unusual
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
you added it and then it disappeared that's unusual
That's been happening lately and then they reappear. And actually they still work even though it disappears (most of the time). If you're already going to Marriott then don't worry, but I wouldn't go out of my way just for the discount.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
That's been happening lately and then they reappear. And actually they still work even though it disappears (most of the time). If you're already going to Marriott then don't worry, but I wouldn't go out of my way just for the discount.
Hmm, I have had them stay in my account although I already used them ... but disappear after adding?
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by cfischer
Hmm, I have had them stay in my account although I already used them ... but disappear after adding?
Yes, if you read upthread you'll see folks discussing it. I have the $5 of $15 for restaurants (it expires 12/31/21) that disappeared from a card, but it still works even though it's not in the list.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 10:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
This hasn’t been all that unusual for me, and for me it seems to be in part tied to where/how I’m accessing the added offers info and how many offers I’ve already added. It hasn’t meant that the added offers are inapplicable for me; it just means I may have to wait for some added offers to expire and then see what shows in my added offers lists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.