Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel Delta Gold Amex Biz - lose benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Cancel Delta Gold Amex Biz - lose benefits?

recently booked an award flight and used the Delta card to cover the fees. I'm wondering if I cancel the card will I still get the lost baggage coverage? My annual fee hit and I don't fly Delta enough justify the fees anymore.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by dascc
recently booked an award flight and used the Delta card to cover the fees. I'm wondering if I cancel the card will I still get the lost baggage coverage? My annual fee hit and I don't fly Delta enough justify the fees anymore.
Your SkyMiles account is linked to your card so I am 99% sure that if you cancel the card, you won't be able to get any coverage for lost bags (or anything else associated with the card).

Besides, it seems like a trivial thing use that card for lost baggage coverage.
dascc likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
No. Coverage terminates the day you cancel the card. But coverage is secondary anyway.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
No. Coverage terminates the day you cancel the card. But coverage is secondary anyway.

thanks, didn't know it was secondary coverage.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by dascc

If you don't have the card and aren't flying first class you will have to pay $60 R/T to check a bag and will also board in the last zone.

The checked bag alone covers ~ 2/3 of the AF on a gold card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.