Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Still time to earn MQM's from new AMX Skymiles PLAT for status requalification?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still time to earn MQM's from new AMX Skymiles PLAT for status requalification?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator observation

Originally Posted by lawgirl28
Same issue here. !
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this the welcome bonus for a *new* DL AmEx card or not?
Originally Posted by Hisgirl
This is strictly concerning the bonus MQMs and whether they will be credited towards the 2020 status if bonus requirements are met in Dec.
Note that MSPeconomist was asking lawgirl28 to clarify her situation, which may be different than Hisgirl's husband's situation.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
UPDATE!!

Husband used a referral code to apply for AMX delta platinum card. This was NOT a card he was offered but he used a referral code and it went through. I think it was 70K miles and 5K MQMs. The mice type said it could take up to 12 weeks for the MQMs to appear and he needed them now to qualify for his status for 2020 so there's what happened!

The card arrived and we had 10 days to spend $3K in 2019. We paid off all of our insurance bills for houses, cars, umbrella. $3k done!
Then we watched for the pending charge to appear. 48 hours later the charge was on the card and we paid it off.

Then we waited.

Probably two days later....the 5K MQMs and 70K miles appeared on his account and they were applied towards his 2020 status. Woo Hoo!!
hhdl likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:41 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I've been following this thread closely, as I am waiting for my $60,000 threshold spend for Amex DL Reserve to come through.

I ended going on a spending binge (hello, new iPad Pro and buying friends dinner...) on Dec 28-31, paid off every purchase as soon as it wasn't "Pending", and have been patiently waiting for the Miles Boost email to come through. The purchases do show up as 2019 purchases.

Total 2019 spending shows $64K on the card (not sure what comprises "eligible" spending) and I'm trying not to be nervous, per MSPeconomist's reassurances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.