Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR (USA) 30% transfer bonus to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club (VS) until 12.28.2019.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR (USA) 30% transfer bonus to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club (VS) until 12.28.2019.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Question MR (USA) 30% transfer bonus to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club (VS) until 12.28.2019.

I have a transfer bonus in my account for 30% more miles when transferring MR to Virgin Atlantic. Ends 12/28. Not sure if targeted or not.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:36 pm

MR(USA) Flying Club (VS) transfer bonus 30%

Seems there is a VS Flying club transfer bonus of 30% now
I think it is until the end of the year.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:36 pm

As a DP I transferred MR to Virgin with the 30% bonus miles the other day and they were available immediately for a booking.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
In theory this is a good way to book Delta One, but when does delta actually release any decent availability?

I checked transcontinental routes T -331 and nothing shows, even economy. I check randomly throughout months and that doesn’t seem to work. Anyone actually book Delta routes with Virgin?
arguetaflyer likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: No airline/hotel status use, Chase UR, Amex MR, CapOne etc
Originally Posted by verbyournoun
In theory this is a good way to book Delta One, but when does delta actually release any decent availability?

I checked transcontinental routes T -331 and nothing shows, even economy. I check randomly throughout months and that doesn’t seem to work. Anyone actually book Delta routes with Virgin?
I've booked the best deal on the block for a client, 45k points ATL to EZE direct in Delta One, also plenty of availability USA to NE Asia for 60k points including deltas new suite for 60k LAX to shanghai.

Actually I was listening to a podcast about that, since Delta charges such a ridiculously high price for their delta one seats it leaves more availability open to partners, and in many cases delta doesn't necessarily have to be charging the absolute lowest rate for a partner to be able to book it too.

I haven't look very much at transcon or trans-atlantic flight i'd presume less availability since those routes fill in easy with cash customers, but i'm sure there has to be some availability. Also make sure you're only looking for the "main leg" so if you have a layover don't look that up you'll need to book it as seperate segment to the hub.

Also call Virgin, wait times are always under 5 minutes and the agents are super knowledgeable and helpful. Also certain routes can't be booked on the portal have to call (such as the aformentioned 45k deal from ATL to buenos aires)

PS ya'll don't forget about ANA! Virgin points great way to try their new first and biz suites from NYC to Tokyo on their triple 7 300-er
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Bonus expires on Saturday.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by mia
Bonus expires on Saturday.
End of day Saturday or 12:01AM Saturday?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Redeem for this exclusive offer from 12:00 a.m. MT on December 1, 2019 to 11:59 p.m. MT on December 28, 2019, to receive 30% additional Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles. Additional Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles will be awarded at the time of transfer.

POID: GD4Y:0002
MT: Mountain Standard Time
moe8555 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by mia
MT: Mountain Standard Time
Much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.