Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Hotels instant room upgrade decline Rosewood San Miguel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:50 am
Original Poster

I just wanted to post this and see if anyone else has had this happen with Rosewood Resorts.
Called Centurion to book 7 night stay at Rosewood San Miguel and had checked availability at hotel website...lots of rooms in all categories during early December.

Centurion checks and says they show no rooms for immediate upgrade. I have stayed at several of the Centurion hotels and never had this problem. So I am wondering if this is just Rosewood belonging to the program but not honoring an instant upgrade or maybe just puts a small limit on doing this??

Disappointing....I would understand if this was a busy time of year or a small property, but neither of these are in play.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What does Centurion say? It sounds like the upgrade books into a subset of inventory for the room category. This might be allowed by CTS/FHR rules. Ask....and please report back.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
My impression from reading (infrequent) previous discussions is that the Centurion upgrade-at-time-of-booking benefit does not apply at all properties. What do the published terms say?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

update to post

Hotels that are in this group are: Aman, Belmond, Mandarin, Oetker, Peninsula, Rosewood, St Regis, Waldorf

Talked to different agent who was much better informed and helpful at Centurion and these hotels offer an upgrade at time of booking. Only time they won't offer instant upgrade is based on availability of next category room and obviously certain categories are not eligible.

That being said, Amex showed availability but the "system" wasn't discounting room price. So, they have contacted the resort to get upgrade or discount and the general manager will respond on Monday.

So hopefully Rosewood will come through and we will be enjoying their property in December.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
The problem sometimes is that the category that is immediately before the room type that you are trying to book is sold out. For example, I went to look at the MOH Taipei and a club room gets you to a mandarin room. The mandarin room is sold out so you have to book a club suite to get you to a lifefestyle suite... Try upping the category and see what happens. The Centurion agents sometimes don’t realize this then they price the 2 rooms and get the same rate for the higher category room. You need to tell them to ensure that they use the FHR Centurion Rate code and not the platinum FHR code to get the Centruion rate benefits. In Canada, the agents do both sides sometimes and mix up the rate codes.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:15 am

Rosewood plays games at another USA property also.

Last edited by Centurion; Oct 13, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Centurion
Rosewood plays games at another USS property also.
I hope that Amex is on top of these sorts of situations, and deals with them appropriately. It's bad enough for standard hotel loyalty programs when some properties want all the benefits of flying the Starwood or whatever flag, but then decide that for certain benefits "Oh, we don't do that here." There really is no excuse for a FHR property (or one giving extras for Centurion FHR) to not completely and transparently honor the benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.