Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Plat Premium Global Assist as medivac insurance for arctic/antarctic cruises?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Plat Premium Global Assist as medivac insurance for arctic/antarctic cruises?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

We are booked on an Antarctic cruise in a few months, and the documents mention that we must carry "Emergency Medical, Evacuation and Repatriation Insurance" upto $200k.

We do have an American Express Platinum Card, and at least from my reading of the benefits the "premium global assist" that comes with the program covers this insurance - has anyone used this amex platinum coverage for their arctic/antactic cruises as the medivac coverage and was it enough?

Relevant documents:
https://www.americanexpress.com/cont..._Rev_09-17.pdf
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...tline/faq.html

I will of course call American Express to confirm also but I don't always trust whatever the CSR says, so wanted to know if someone here has used their Amex Platinum insurance as their medivac insurance for Arctic or Antarctic type cruises?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Primary discussion thread is here:

Medical evacuation benefit with USA Platinum ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.