Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex ICC Residency Requirement (EU residents now ineligible).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex ICC Residency Requirement (EU residents now ineligible).

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I just transferred out my MR just in case. Interestingly, I had to call — the website wouldn't let me. A sign of things to come? Potential shutdown?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by caliform
I just transferred out my MR just in case. Interestingly, I had to call — the website wouldn't let me. A sign of things to come? Potential shutdown?
Did you transfer your MR to one of your loyalty programs, or to your MR account under another AmEx product? My IDC will probably be closed within the next year and I have over 100k points. At one time, you could transfer them to a US-based AmEx but they made some conversion based on the GBP to USD rate (odd since the points were accrued in USD). Just wondered if anyone has done this recently.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Oh, crud, I had no idea. No, I just transferred them at the poor ratio to a FFP.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Did you transfer your MR to one of your loyalty programs, or to your MR account under another AmEx product? My IDC will probably be closed within the next year and I have over 100k points. At one time, you could transfer them to a US-based AmEx but they made some conversion based on the GBP to USD rate (odd since the points were accrued in USD). Just wondered if anyone has done this recently.

I have just had to do this as I have just moved to the US and have therefore told the ICC guys to close my ICC Plat account. They said they would transfer over my remaining MR points to my new US amex account. Not sure how long this will take. I had emptied my mr balance anyway before I called so the remaining 500MR or so are not a huge deal. But will follow up in due course of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.