Wiki Posts
Search

Update Income Pop-Up

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Update Income Pop-Up

Logged in today and received a pop-up asking to update income.

I just closed the window and moved on.

I would think this is not the same as a Financial Review, as it was entirely optional. I'm just wondering if there was something that triggered it?

My spending in the last month or so was SLIGHTLY increased, but not outrageously. I've spent more before, even within the past year. And it's down this month.

I get the same thing from time to time on various credit cards. I always just close the window and it goes away for a long time. I just logged back into my AMEX account and the popup did not appear again, so perhaps it will go away.
Old May 7, 2019, 8:16 am

It is a legal requirement for banks to regularly ask cardholders to update their income information.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by blaz
It is a legal requirement for banks to regularly ask cardholders to update their income information.
This can be found in the federal Credit Card Act of 2009; it is intended to discourage consumers from taking on too much debt relative to their income. But you are free to ignore the request.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by blaz
Surely not for retail banking customers, such as those with checking and/or savings accounts?
Old May 7, 2019, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Surely not for retail banking customers, such as those with checking and/or savings accounts?
Exactly those customers. You have multiple laws now that relate to "know your customer" and the fines are insane high. You have things going on behind the scenes also and they look at you to comply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.