Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Aspire Instant Number Usage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mirage

I applied on a Thursday and received the card on a Saturday night via UPS. I did not request expedited service. The authorized user card came a few days later via snail mail.

When I apply, there was no hard inquiry. I am assuming because of my current card member status.

My CL was partially taken from my current Amex Blue and an added $15k to form my Aspire CL.
I hope they UPS my card too. I was approved Friday, around 6 PM EDT. Based on your timeline, I hope to get it tonight. But I was getting conflicting reports from CSRs as to whether the expedited shipping would be available, or whether I could even request it. I am very disappointed by Amex this go-around, usually I feel they have very knowledgeable CSRs.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to add my DP, I got the physical card UPS'd on the 22nd. I guess I can't really expect them to feel a $100 statement credit or anything is warranted anymore. Anyway, thanks to everyone who replied.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:26 pm

I just got a Hilton Ascend and have used the instant number on Apple Pay at a few places.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cp277
I just got a Hilton Ascend and have used the instant number on Apple Pay at a few places.
Did you end up getting the Ascend with the statement credit via a dummy booking?
Old May 8, 2019, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

I just read in the Bonvoy Brilliant card thread that Amex proactively gave the applicant a $60 statement credit after not providing an instant number (due to a computer glitch) and I read on a blog that someone got $315(!) credit for the same issue, proactively as well. I did not get any such screen when I applied, I am wondering whether there are any DPs about people getting statement credits for not getting instant numbers, and if anyone attempted to get it without having it proactively offered on their screen when the application was approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.